food interaction for FLUXAM
alcohol interaction for FLUXAM
pregnancy interaction for FLUXAM
lactation interaction for FLUXAM
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for FLUXAM
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for FLUXAM
- FLUVOXIN 50 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 13.50/tabletRs. 135pay 27% more per tablet
- UVOX 50 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 16.20/tabletRs. 162pay 52% more per tablet
- FREXT 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 12.90/tabletRs. 129pay 21% more per tablet
- FLUVOXINE CR 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 14/tabletRs. 140pay 31% more per tablet
- FLUVATOR 50 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 13/tabletRs. 130pay 22% more per tablet
- Dr. Neha Bansal
- Dr. Deepak RahejaMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Puneet DwevediMBBS, MD
- Dr. Anupama AhlawatMBBS
- Dr. Jyoti Kapoor MadanMBBS, DNB, Diploma, Fellowship
Expert advice for FLUXAM
- Do not start fluvoxamine and consult your doctor if you have kidney, liver or heart problems, fits, diabetes, have history of mania (abnormal over excitation), bleeding disorder, or glaucoma (raised pressure in eye).
- Stop taking fluvoxamine and seek advice if you develop rash, itching, swollen lips or face, or any other allergic reaction, shortness of breath, fever, sweating, muscle stiffness, tremor, confusion, extreme agitation, sleepiness, increased fits frequency, feeling of being elated or over-exited, or suicidal thoughts after taking fluvoxamine.
- Do not drink alcohol while on fluvoxamine treatment, as it may worsen the side effects.
- Fluvoxamine may affect your judgment or co-ordination. Do not drive or operate heavy machinery while taking fluvoxamine.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for FLUXAM
Q.Is fluvoxamine a controlled substance, narcotic, addictive?
Fluvoxamine is not a controlled substance, narcotic or addictive
Q.Is fluvoxamine a monoamine oxidase inhibitor or benzo?
Fluvoxamine is not a monoamine oxidase inhibitor or benzo. It is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor
Q.Is fluvoxamine safe?
Fluvoxamine is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is fluvoxamine like Xanax, Luvox, and Prozac?
Luvox is the brand name of fluvoxamine. Fluvoxamine and Prozac (fluoxetine) belongs to same class of medications however they differ in the dose to be taken, duration of action and the side effects they produce. Xanax (alprazolam) is a different drug from different class used to treat anxiety disorder
Q.Can fluvoxamine be taken with ibuprofen?
Fluvoxamine when taken with ibuprofen may lead to increased bruising or bleeding
Q.Does fluvoxamine make you sleepy, cause hair loss, weight gain or loss, get you high, and make you tired?
Fluvoxamine can make you sleepy, gain weight or lose, get you high and tired. Generally fluvoxamine does not cause hair loss.