food interaction for FLUVIN
alcohol interaction for FLUVIN
pregnancy interaction for FLUVIN
lactation interaction for FLUVIN
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for FLUVIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for FLUVIN
- GRISOVIN FP 250 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 1.55/tabletRs. 15.54save 45% more per tablet
- GRISEOFULVIN FP 250 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 1.55/tabletRs. 15.54save 45% more per tablet
- DERMONORM 250MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 1.65/tabletRs. 16.45save 41% more per tablet
- GEOVIN 250MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Menarini India Pvt LtdRs. 1.47/tabletRs. 14.72save 48% more per tablet
- GRISACTIN FORTE 250MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Adcock Ingram Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 1.43/tabletRs. 14.26save 49% more per tablet
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
Expert advice for FLUVIN
- Do not take griseofulvin, if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to griseofulvin, penicillin or any of the other ingredients.
- Do not take griseofulvin, if you have porphyria (a rare blood pigment disorder that affects skin and other organs); systemic lupus erythematous (SLE; autoimmune disease, in which the body's own immune system mistakenly attacks healthy tissue, especially skin, joints, kidneys, brain, and other organs).
- Avoid using griseofulvin, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after taking griseofulvin because you may feel drowsy.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight or artificial light.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking griseofulvin.
Frequently asked questions for FLUVIN
Q.Is griseofulvin safe?
Griseofulvin is safe if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is griseofulvin over the counter?
No,griseofulvin is available with doctor's prescription only
Q.Is griseofulvin an antibiotic/steroid/fungicidal?
Griseofulvin is fungicidal and not an antibiotic/steroid
Q.Is griseofulvin a sulfa drug/contain sulfa (sulphur)/penicillin?
No,griseofulvin is not a sulfa drug. Neither it contain sulfa nor penicillin
Q.Can I take ibuprofen with griseofulvin?
Yes,but taking other medicines may alter the effects of griseofulvin. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q.Does griseofulvin treat candida/ringworm?
Griseofulvin is used to treat ringworm. However it is ineffective to treat candida
Q.Does griseofulvin need to be refrigerated?
No,griseofulvin does not require refrigeration.Store it at room temperature away from heat
Q.Does griseofulvin cause hair loss?
No,griseofulvin does not cause hair loss.However consult your doctor if you experience such side effect.