Medicine Overview of Fluracil Injection
Nausea, Vomiting, Weakness, Loss of appetite, Reduced blood platelets, Increased risk of infection, Decreased white blood cell count, Hair loss, Bronchospasm, Diarrhoea, Esophagitis, Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth), Inflammation of the rectum.
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
Fluracil 500mg injection interferes with the growth of DNA and RNA of the cancer cells by substituting their building blocks. It prevents the cancer cells from growing and multiplying.
In Depth Information on Fluracil Injection
- Both, women of childbearing potential and men must use appropriate contraception during treatment with fluorouracil and for 6 months after stopping it.
- Men should seek advice on the conservation of sperm due to the possibility of irreversible infertility due to using fluorouracil.
- For topical application, wash hands carefully before and after use. Avoid contact with mucous membranes, eyes, eyelids, nostrils, mouth, and on open cuts when applying the cream.
- Topical use of fluorouracil may make the treated area become red, followed by inflammation/swelling, along with some discomfort and skin erosion followed by eventual healing. This is the expected normal response to the treatment and shows that fluorouracil is working. However, if symptoms worsen, talk to your doctor.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight or other forms of ultraviolet irradiation during topical fluorouracil treatment.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as fluorouracil may affect your nervous system and cause visual changes.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Fluracil 500mg Injection is unsafe to use during pregnancy.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Fluracil 500mg Injection is usafe to use during lactation.
Data suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby, or the mother is suffering from a condition in which breast feeding is not advisable.
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.
Fluracil 500mg Injection can cause side effects such as nausea and can also produce adverse events on your nervous system which cause visual changes.This may affect your ability to drive.
Fluracil 500mg Injection is probably safe to use in patients
with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Fluracil 500mg Injection may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
Fluracil 500mg Injection should be used with caution in pati
ents with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Fluracil 500mg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Fluracil 500mg Injection
Q. Is fluorouracil a vesicant?
No, fluorouracil is not a vesicant (irritant)
Fluorouracil is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is fluorouracil a steroid?
No, flurouracil is not a steroid
Q. Is fluorouracil cream chemotherapy?
Fluorouracil is used as chemotherapy for the treatment of cancers
Q. Is fluorouracil cream for warts?
Yes, fluorouracil is used for the treatment of warts
Q. Is fluorouracil the same as efudex?
Efudex is a brand name (trade name) for fluorouracil
Q. Does fluorouracil affect normal skin?
Fluorouracil has minimal effect on the surrounding healthy skin
Q. Does fluorouracil cause hair loss?
Yes, fluorouracil may cause temporary hair loss
Q. Does fluorouracil cause scarring?
No, fluorouracil is not known to cause scarring
Q. Does fluorouracil cause headaches?
Though headache is not a common side effect of fluorouracil, it may occur uncommonly is some
Q. Why does fluorouracil cause fatigue?
As with any chemotherapy for cancer, fluorouracil causes fatigue which is attributed to be of multi-factor origin, but inflammation and anemia are thought to be the most important factors.
User Submitted Feedback For Fluracil 500mg Injection
Patients taking Fluracil 500mg Injection What were the side-effects while using this medicine? How much was the improvement? What are you using this medicine for?
Survey Participants: 2
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Fluracil 500mg Injection. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Fluracil 500mg Injection: MAM, NVL, MPC, GBL, AGT, HBV, DFP, PNT, INC, DPP, RSS, ARD, SSA, GTC, DYG, SAT, OLT, NWP, PTS, SAF, NDP, XPS, SWA, JMJ, AYU, NVY, OWP, SBA, PEN, DEL, MSD, MOM, AAR, SHP, BMJ, SHM, RUS, RSA, ZVP, STA, SBL, BIO, BDN, BTM, FGH, BSN, HIP, SDM, SJP, NNH, GTK, RJH, PPR, JIV, 9T9, BLP, IPL, RPP, JVN, LCC, PSP, DLP, HGI, ATP, DDR, ENP, DHR, MAX, RKS, MAK, AAY, GPT, GNC, KHH, AVN, PLT, EMB, RHW, HRV, ADT, WSI, OHM, ATL, MMS, USF, HEX, IAD, EQN, OIP, LHA