Medicine Overview of Flupez Injection
Uses of Flupez Injection
Flupez Injection is used in the treatment of schizophrenia.
Side effects of Flupez Injection
Dystonia, Weight gain, Sleepiness, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Akathisia, Dry mouth, Constipation, Abnormality of voluntary movements, Parkinsonism.
How to use Flupez Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Flupez Injection works
Flupez injection is a typical antipsychotic. It works by blocking the action of dopamine, a chemical messenger in the brain that affects thoughts and mood.
In Depth Information on Flupez Injection
Expert advice for Flupez Injection
- Do not take fluphenazine when you are under the influence of alcohol or any sleep-inducing, cough and/ or allergy medication.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after taking fluphenazine as it may cause dizziness and movement disorder.
- Consult your doctor before you take fluphenazine in case you have past or family history of disorder of abnormal heartbeat, blood clotting disorders, thyroid disorders, severe breathing problems, fits (epilepsy), brain damage, Parkinson’s disease, glaucoma (increased pressure inside the eyes that causes blurred vision), enlarged prostate gland (i.e. if you have trouble passing urine).
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to get pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to fluphenazine or any of its ingredients.
- Do not give to Patients who are in unconscious state (coma) or severe depressed state.
- Do not take if Patient have history of stroke, severe heart problem, cerebral atherosclerosis (brain damage due to hardening and narrowing of arteries supplying blood to the brain), liver damage, blood dyscrasias (abnormal formation, function and quality of blood cells).
- Consult your doctor if patient is Pregnant and breastfeeding women.
Special precautions for Flupez Injection
Flupez Injection may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Flupez Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Flupez Injection is probably usafe to use during lactation. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby.+more
If Flupez Injection is given, monitor the baby for excessive sleepiness....
If Flupez Injection is given, monitor the baby for excessive sleepiness.
Flupez Injection may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.+more
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery....
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
There is limited information available on the use of Flupez+more
Injection in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
Flupez Injection should be used with caution in patients wit+more
h liver disease. Dose adjustment of Flupez Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Flutis 150mg Tablet, Onecan 400mg Tablet, Adamon 100mg Injection, TRANDOL 50MG INJECTION
Frequently asked questions for Flupez NA Injection
Frequently asked questions for Fluphenazine
No, Flupez is neither a narcotic nor a benzodiazepine class of drug. It is an antipsychotic drug and it does not have any addiction potential
Yes. Flupez is approved by FDA and it is not a controlled substance
Flupez causes weight gain but not depression.
Substitutes for Flupez
No substitutes found for this medicine