food interaction for FLUOCIN
alcohol interaction for FLUOCIN
pregnancy interaction for FLUOCIN
lactation interaction for FLUOCIN
medicine interaction for FLUOCIN
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR FLUOCIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR FLUOCIN
- FLUROIDE 0.1% EYE DROP(5 ML eye drop in packet)Sapient Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 13/ML of eye dropRs. 65pay 35% more per ML of eye drop
- FLOMEX 0.1% EYE DROP(5 ML eye drop in packet)Cipla LtdRs. 7.70/ML of eye dropRs. 38.50save 20% more per ML of eye drop
- FLOSIGHT 0.1% EYE DROP(5 ML eye drop in packet)Insight Eyecare Pvt Ltd.Rs. 16/ML of eye dropRs. 80pay 67% more per ML of eye drop
Expert advice FOR FLUOCIN
- Do not take eye drops containing corticosteroids such as fluorometholone for longer than a week unless advised and supervised by a specialist doctor.
- Consult your doctor before discontinuing fluorometholone treatment.
- Do not use fluorometholone eye drops while you are wearing contact lenses. Do not use contact lenses for at least 10-15 minutes after using fluorometholone in the eye.
- Temporary blurred vision or other visual disturbances may affect the ability to drive or use machines. If blurred vision occurs at instillation of fluorometholone eye drops, wait until the vision clears before driving or using machinery.
- If you are concomitantly using other eye drops or eye ointment medicines with fluorometholone, leave at least 5 minutes between each medicine.
- Avoid using fluorometholone, if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR FLUOCIN
Q. Does fluorometholone treat pink eye?
Fluorometholone is used for treat inflammation of parts of conjunctiva; relives redness and itching. It must not be used for undiagnosed red eye condition. Always follow the instructions of doctor regarding its use
Q. Is fluorometholone an antibiotic?
No, fluorometholone is not an antibiotic. Fluorometholone belongs to a group of medicines called synthetic corticosteroid (glucocorticoid). It is used to relive inflammatory condition of the eye
Q. Is fluorometholone a steroid?
Yes, fluorometholone is a steroid. Fluorometholone belongs to a group of medicines called synthetic corticosteroid (glucocorticoid). It is used to relive inflammatory condition of the eye
Q. Is fluorometholone over the counter?
Fluorometholone may be available over-the-counter, however, always follow the advice of your doctor regarding its use
Q. Is fluorometholone safe?
Fluorometholone is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is fluorometholone generic?
Yes, fluorometholone is a generic name. It is available in various trade names
Q. How does fluorometholone work?
Fluorometholone belongs to a group of medicines synthetic corticosteroid (glucocorticoid). Fluorometholone binds to its receptors and controls the production of certain chemicals that mediate infections in the body, thereby inhibiting the inflammatory reactions (such as swelling, fibrin deposition, capillary dilatation, phagocyte migration)
Q. How long does it take for fluorometholone to work?
Fluorometholone once instilled the eye begins its action
Q. What is fluorometholone ophthalmic suspension used for?
Fluorometholone is used to treat inflammation of parts of conjunctiva such as the palpebral conjunctive (a clear membrane, which coats the inside of the eyelids.) and bulbar conjunctiva (a clear membrane of the eye, which covers the outer surface of the eye)
Q. How much does fluorometholone cost?
The price of fluorometholone may vary depending upon the brand prescribed to you.Please read the instruction on the package for the correct price of the product.