food interaction for FLUGET
alcohol interaction for FLUGET
pregnancy interaction for FLUGET
lactation interaction for FLUGET
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for FLUGET
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for FLUGET
- FLUDERM G 0.025%W/W/0.1%W/W CREAM(20 GM cream in tube)Dermo Care LaboratoriesRs. 2.85/GM of creamRs. 57save 16% more per GM of cream
- Dr. Neha Bansal
- Dr. Deepak RahejaMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. T. BansalMBBS
- Dr. Rahul ChandhokMBBS, MD
- Dr. Jyoti Kapoor MadanMBBS, DNB, Diploma, Fellowship
Expert advice for FLUGET
- Do not take fluocinolone, if you are allergic to it or to any other content in the medicine.
- Do not take fluocinolone, if you have any infection in and around your eye; glaucoma (increased pressure inside your eye).
- Inform your doctor before taking the medicine, if you have had herpes infection of the eye in the past.
- Avoid using fluocinolone, if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after taking fluocinolone because it may cause temporary vision blurring.
Frequently asked questions for FLUGET
Q.Is fluocinolone a steroid?
Yes, fluocinolone is a steroid drug
Q.Is available or sold over the counter?
No, fluocinolone is a prescription drug. It is not available or sold over the counter
Q.Is used for acne or psoriasis?
Fluocinolone is used for skin infections, acne, psoriasis or eye infections
Q.Is fluocinolone safe for infants?
No, fluocinolone is not safe to be used in children less than 18 years of age
Q.Is fluocinolone the same as fluocinonide?
Fluocinolone and fluocinonide are two different drugs belonging to the same class. They are used for the same indications
Q.Can fluocinolone cause hair growth?
Fluocinolone may cause hair growth at the site of application. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor.
Q.Is gentamicin a macrolide, steroid or a sulfa drug?
Gentamicin does not contain sulfa and is not a macrolide, or steroidal drug. It is a broad spectrum aminoglycoside
Q.Is gentamicin nephrotoxic?
Yes, gentamicin is a nephrotoxic drug. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q.Is gentamicin safe for babies?
Gentamicin is safe for babies if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Does gentamicin cause hearing loss or burn?
Yes gentamicin can cause hearing loss if used inappropriately. It can cause burning of eyes
Q.Is gentamicin used for pink eye?
Yes, gentamicin is used in the treatment of pink eye (conjunctivitis). Please consult your doctor before use
Q.Does gentamicin dialyze out?
Yes, gentamicin is a dialyzable drug
Q.What organisms does gentamicin cover?
Gentamicin is mainly effective against pseudomonas, escherichia, enterobacter, klebsiella, staphylococcus, salmonella, serratia, and shigella species but rarely effective against streptococci and methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (mrsa)
Q.Does it cover anaerobes?
It does not act against anaerobes.