food interaction for FILCAD
alcohol interaction for FILCAD
pregnancy interaction for FILCAD
lactation interaction for FILCAD
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR FILCAD
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR FILCAD
- IMUMAX 300 MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Abbott India LtdRs. 2443.68/injectionRs. 2443.68save 11% more per injection
- FASTOGRAF 300MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 2142.78/ML of injectionRs. 2142.78save 22% more per ML of injection
- NEUFIL 300MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Vhb Life Sciences IncRs. 2308.08/ML of injectionRs. 2308.08save 16% more per ML of injection
- GRANFILL 300MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Samarth Life Sciences Pvt LtdRs. 400/ML of injectionRs. 400save 85% more per ML of injection
- CYTOGRAF 300MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Zyphar's Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 2528.57/ML of injectionRs. 2528.57save 8% more per ML of injection
Expert advice FOR FILCAD
- Do not take filgrastim tablet, if you are allergic to filgrastim or any of the ingredients of the medicine.
- Do not take filgrastim, if you have osteoporosis (weak and fragile bones due to loss of calcium),suffering from any infection, cough, fever and difficulty breathing, sickle cell disease (an inherited blood disorder that affects red blood cells), left upper abdominal pain or pain at the tip of your shoulder.
- You will have to do regular blood tests whilst to count the number of neutrophils and other white blood cells. This will tell your doctor how the treatment is working and will also indicate if treatment needs to be continued.
- The needle cover of the pre-filled syringe contains dry natural rubber (a derivative of latex) which may cause an allergic reaction.
- If you are injecting yourself, inject into the tissue just under the skin. This is known as a subcutaneous injection. Your doctor will instruct you regarding the same. You can inject subcutaneously in the upper part of your thigh, or the sides of the abdomen. If someone else is injecting you, they can also use the back of your arms.
- Change the injection site every day to avoid soreness at one site.
- Filgrastim can cause fatigue and, therefore, caution has to be taken before operating an automobile or machinery.
Frequently asked questions FOR FILCAD
Q. Is filgrastim safe?
Filgrastim is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. What is filgrastim/filgrastim neuopagen?
Neupogen is the brand name of filgrastim. Filgrastim belongs to class of medication called as colony-stimulating factors
Q. How does it work?
They act by stimulating the bone marrow (organ in the body where blood cells are produced) to increase the production of specific types of blood cells called neutrophils that help fight infections
Q. What are the uses of filgrastim?
Filgrastim is used during cancer treatment (chemotherapy), bone marrow transplantation, severe chronic neutropenia (low number of a type of white blood cells called neutrophils), neutropenia in patients with HIV infection, and before stem cell donation
Q. Is filgrastim a steroid/antibiotic?
No, filgrastim belongs to class of medication called as colony-stimulating factors
Q. Is filgrastim FDA approved?
Yes, it has been approved by FDA for used during cancer treatment (chemotherapy), bone marrow transplantation, severe chronic neutropenia (low number of a type of white blood cells called neutrophils), neutropenia in patients with HIV infection, and before stem cell donation
Q. Does filgrastim cause cancer?
No, filgrastim does not cause cancer
Q. Why does filgrastim cause bone pain?
The exact cause in unknown, but bone pain is a common side-effect of filgrastim.