Medicine Overview of Fibrodone Tablet
Uses of Fibrodone Tablet
Side effects of Fibrodone Tablet
Nausea, Vomiting, Headache, Rash, Dizziness, Fatigue, Abdominal pain, Joint pain, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Loss of appetite, Gastro-esophageal reflux disease, Diarrhoea, Weight loss, Upper respiratory tract infection, Dyspepsia, Sinus inflammation.
How to use Fibrodone Tablet
How Fibrodone Tablet works
In Depth Information on Fibrodone Tablet
Expert advice for Fibrodone Tablet
- Pirfenidone makes you more sensitive to sunlight (photosensitivity). Avoid the sun (including sunlamps) whilst taking pirfenidone. Wear sunblock daily and cover your arms, legs and head to reduce exposure to sunlight.
- Do not take pirfenidone if you are currently taking any other medicine such as tetracycline antibiotics, as they can make you more photo sensitive.
- Do not take pirfenidone if you are currently taking any other medicine such as fluvoxamine, it should be discontinued prior to the initiation of pirfenidone therapy and avoided during pirfenidone therapy.
- Avoid using pirfenidone if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to get pregnant.
- Avoid smoking or use tobacco products.
- Stop smoking while on and before beginning pirfenidone, as it can reduce the effect of pirfenidone.
- Pirfenidone may cause dizziness and tiredness. If you feel tired or dizzy be caution while driving or operating machinery.
- Stop using pirfenidone and consult your doctor immediately if you experience a serious allergic (hypersensitivity) reaction characterized by swelling of the face, lips and/or tongue, difficulty breathing or wheezing; or skin reaction to sunlight or sunlamps such as blistering and/or marked peeling of the skin.
- Avoid using pirfenidone if you feel ill and unwell and have yellowing of the eyes or skin, with or without dark urine, accompanied by itching of the skin; or if you get signs of an infection such as a sore throat, fever, mouth ulcers or flu-like symptoms.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Use of Fibrodone 200mg Tablet is not recommended with severe kidney disease and dialysis patients.
Use of Fibrodone 200mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe liver disease.