food interaction for FEROSE
alcohol interaction for FEROSE
pregnancy interaction for FEROSE
lactation interaction for FEROSE
It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Ferose 20 mg injection at a fixed time.
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
Ferose 20 mg injection is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for FEROSE
Ferrous Bisglycinate(20 mg)
Ferose 20 mg injection is used in the treatment of iron deficiency anemia and anemia due to chronic kidney disease.
How it works
Ferose 20 mg injection belongs to a class of medications called as oral iron supplements. It is a chelated form of iron which acts as a supplement during low intake of iron, which is rapidly absorbed by the cells of the small intestine based on the blood hemoglobin levels and thus prevents iron deficiency anemia.
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for FEROSENo substitutes found
- Dr. Urvashi RatheeMBBS, MD
- Dr. Beena MukteshMBBS, Diploma, DNB, MD
- Dr. Aruna KalraMBBS, MD
- Dr. Anjali BuggaMBBS, MS
- Dr. Suman YadavMBBS, Diploma, DHM
Expert advice for FEROSE
- Consult your doctor before giving it to children.
- Make sure that other causes of anemia have also been investigated, such as vitamin B12/folate deficiency, drug induced or due to other poisons such as lead, as often the anemia has more than one underlying cause.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to ferrous bisglycinate or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if suffering with hemochromatosis (a hereditary disorder in which iron salts are deposited in the tissues, leading to liver damage, diabetes mellitus, and bronze discoloration of the skin).
- Do not take if suffering with hemosiderosis (a condition characterized by iron overload resulting in the accumulation of an iron-storage complex hemosiderin).