food interaction for FAXIMAB PLUS FILTER
alcohol interaction for FAXIMAB PLUS FILTER
pregnancy interaction for FAXIMAB PLUS FILTER
lactation interaction for FAXIMAB PLUS FILTER
Avoid Faximab plus filter 10 mg injection with grapefruit juice.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for FAXIMAB PLUS FILTER
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for FAXIMAB PLUS FILTER
- FAXIMAB 10 MG INJECTION(5 ML injection in vial)Lupin LtdRs. 1860/ML of injectionRs. 9300pay 743900% more per ML of injection
- ABCIXIREL 10MG INJECTION(5 ML injection in vial)Reliance Life SciencesRs. 1620/ML of injectionRs. 8100pay 647900% more per ML of injection
- REOPRO 10MG INJECTION(5 ML injection in vial)Eli Lilly and Company India Pvt LtdRs. 4310.40/ML of injectionRs. 21552pay 1724060% more per ML of injection
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. (Col.) Balbir KalraMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Monik MehtaMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
Expert advice for FAXIMAB PLUS FILTER
- Do not start abciximab and consult your doctor if you have previously taken abciximab, have serious kidney problems, are above 65 years of age, pregnant or breast feeding.
- Avoid activities that may cause bruising or injury as there is an increased risk of bleeding with abciximab use.
- You may be monitored with lab tests, including complete blood cell counts and blood clotting tests while on Abciximab therapy.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience unusual bruising or bleeding (eg, bleeding gums; nosebleeds; bleeding in the eye; blood in the urine; black, bloody, or tarry stools; coughing up blood; vomiting blood or material that looks like coffee grounds; severe or unusual vaginal bleeding); severe stomach pain; confusion; or severe or persistent headache or dizziness.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as abciximab may cause dizziness.
- Platelet count should be monitored prior to, during and after treatment with abciximab for prevention of thrombocytopenia (low platelet count in blood).
Frequently asked questions for FAXIMAB PLUS FILTER
Q.Is abciximab is a monoclonal antibody?
Yes, abciximab is a murine monoclonal antibody
Q.Is abciximab a Gpiib/iiia receptors antagonist?
Yes, abciximab is a Gpiib/iiia receptor antagonist
Q.What is abciximab used for?
Abciximab is used in combination with other blood thinner drugs to prevent formation of blood clots during and after angioplasty (dilatation of narrowed lumen of blood vessels). It is also used to lower the risk of heart attack before angioplasty in patients with unstable angina (chest pain at rest due to reduced blood supply to heart)
Q.How does abciximab work?
Abciximab works by binding to blood cells called platelets which are responsible for formation of blood clots.