Medicine Overview of Faldp Capsule
Uses of Faldp Capsule
Faldp Capsule is used in the treatment of Malaria.
Side effects of Faldp Capsule
Palpitations, Altered heart rate, Cough, Shortness of breath, Nausea, Vomiting, Weakness.
How to use Faldp Capsule
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Faldp Capsule empty stomach (1 hour before food or 2 hours after food).
How Faldp Capsule works
Faldp capsule is a weak base that reaches high concentration within the malarial parasite and causes accumulation of toxic heme pigment, which kills it.
In Depth Information on Faldp Capsule
Expert advice for Faldp Capsule
- Take piperaquine on empty stomach with water only. It should be taken 3 hours after the food intake and no food to be eaten within 3 hours after each dose.
- Always take piperaquine continuously for 3 days as recommended by your doctor.
- Exercise caution while taking piperaquine if you are an elderly patient.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Patients allergic to piperaquine or any of its ingredients.
- Do not give if Children is below 6 months or weight below 5 kg.
- Avoid if Patient is suffering from severe malaria affecting brain, lungs or kidneys.
- Avoid if Malaria infection caused by a parasite other than Plasmodium falciparum.
- Avoid if Patient is suffering from heart condition, such as changes to the rhythm or rate of heart beat, or any heart disease or any of family members having heart complaints.
- Do not take if suffering from salt imbalance.
- Avoid if Patient is treated with malarial medicines or for prevention of malaria within 1 month.
- Avoid if Patient is on treatment for bacterial infection, fungal infection, allergy, stomach complaints, drug addiction, high cholesterol, certain cancers, depression, or any mental disorders.
Special precautions for Faldp Capsule
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Faldp Capsule may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Faldp Capsule is probably safe to use during lactation. Lim+more
ited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
It is not known whether Faldp Capsule alters the ability to+more
drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react....
There is limited information available on the use of Faldp C+more
apsule in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Substitutes for Faldp
No substitutes found for this medicine