food interaction for EXINIA
alcohol interaction for EXINIA
pregnancy interaction for EXINIA
lactation interaction for EXINIA
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for EXINIA
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for EXINIA
- EPTUS 25 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 29.55/tabletRs. 295.50pay 78% more per tablet
- PLANEP 25 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 15.80/tabletRs. 158save 5% more per tablet
- EPLINICE 25MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 26/tabletRs. 260pay 56% more per tablet
- EPLERAN 25MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Unichem Laboratories LtdRs. 24/tabletRs. 240pay 44% more per tablet
- EXENTA 25MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Alembic Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 14.40/tabletRs. 144save 13% more per tablet
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Sumeet SethiMBBS, DNB, DM
Expert advice for EXINIA
- Do consult your doctor before taking eplerenone if you have kidney or liver disease; high blood levels of fats (cholesterol and triglycerides); or diabetes.
- Do not use eplerenone if you have very high blood levels of potassium or severe kidney problems.
- Use of eplerenone is not recommended in children.
- Do not stop taking eplerenone without consulting your doctor.
- If you forget to take a dose of eplerenone, take it as soon as you remember (keeping a gap of at least 12 hours between two consecutive doses). Do not double the dose to make up for the missed dose.
- Do consult your doctor before taking eplerenone, if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for EXINIA
Q.Is eplerenone a diuretic/ potassium-sparing diuretic?
Yes. Eplerenone can increase urinary output and decrease excretion of potassium (potassium-sparing action) by blocking the biological effect of hormone aldosterone
Q.Is eplerenone a /beta blocker /blood thinner?
No. Eplerenone is an aldosterone receptor blocker that is used to improve conditions of heart failure after a heart attack and to lower high blood pressure. It has no known effect on beta adrenergic receptors and does not change the viscosity of blood
Q.Is eplerenone as steroid?
Yes. Eplerenone has a steroidal structure
Q.What is eplerenone used for/used to treat?
Eplerenone is used along with other drugs to prevent worsening and improve conditions of heart failure (due left ventricular dysfunction) after a heart attack (myocardial infarction) and in the treatment of high blood pressure
Q.Does eplerenone raise blood glucose/ cause erectile dysfunction/ weight gain/hair loss?
No. Increase in blood sugar, problems with erection (in men), changes in body weight and hair loss are not among the known side effects of eplerenone
Q.Does eplerenone cause gynecomastia?
Gynecomastia (enlargement of breasts in men) is an uncommon side effect of eplerenone affecting 1 to 10 users in 1,000
Q.How does eplerenone differ from spironolactone?
Eplerenone and spironolactone are both aldosterone antagonists. They differ with regards to their therapeutic use based up on clinical experiences.