food interaction for EVIRENZ
alcohol interaction for EVIRENZ
pregnancy interaction for EVIRENZ
lactation interaction for EVIRENZ
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for EVIRENZ
How it works
Evirenz 200mg tablet belongs to a class of antiretroviral medications called non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NNRTIs). It inhibits the replication of HIV, thereby reducing the amount of the virus in the blood.
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for EVIRENZ
- EFCURE 200MG TABLET(30 tablets in strip)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 24.32/tabletRs. 729.50save 16% more per tablet
- EFAVIR 200 MG TABLET(60 tablets in bottle)Cipla LtdRs. 13.71/tabletRs. 822.37save 53% more per tablet
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for EVIRENZ
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of mental illness or convulsions (fits or seizures).
- Ensure that efavirenz is always taken in combination with other anti-HIV medicines and never alone.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you develop signs of dizziness, difficulty sleeping, drowsiness, difficulty concentrating or abnormal dreaming or any signs of skin rash or inflammation or infection.
- Take the required precautions to prevent transmission as efavirenz does not prevent the spread of HIV virus to others through blood or sexual contact.
- Do not drive if you have taken efavirenz as it may cause dizziness.
- Do take if allergic to efavirenz or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if sufering with severe liver disease.
- Avoid if patient is Pregnant or breastfeeding women.