Medicine Overview of Ethomid Tablet
Uses of Ethomid Tablet
Ethomid 250mg Tablet is used in the treatment of tuberculosis (TB).
Side effects of Ethomid Tablet
Loss of appetite, Nausea, Vomiting, Gastric irritation, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Weakness, Depression, Sleepiness.
How to use Ethomid Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Ethomid 250mg Tablet with food.
How Ethomid Tablet works
Ethomid 250mg tablet is an antibiotic. It works by slowing the growth of bacteria that causes tuberculosis.
In Depth Information on Ethomid Tablet
Expert advice for Ethomid Tablet
- You should always take ethionamide in combination with other anti-tubercular drugs as its use alone in the treatment results in the rapid development of drug-resistant tuberculosis.
- Always adhere to the drug regimen for the full duration of treatment as non-adherence to prescribed treatment can result in treatment failure and in the development of drug-resistant tuberculosis, which can be life-threatening and lead to other serious health risks.
- Tell your doctor if you have diabetes, liver problems, or vision problems.
- You may be monitored with blood sugar, liver function, vision and thyroid function tests while on treatment with ethionamide.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Ethionamide is not recommended in children below 12 years unless the organisms are found to be definitely resistant to primary therapy.
Special precautions for Ethomid 250mg Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Ethomid 250mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Ethomid 250mg Tablet should be used with caution during lact+more
ation. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
It is not known whether Ethomid 250mg Tablet alters the abil+more
ity to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react....
There is limited information available on the use of Ethomid+more
250mg Tablet in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Ethionamide, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Ethomid 250mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Ethionamide
Ethomid is used in combination with other medicines for the treatment of active tuberculosis (infectious disease caused by Mycobacterium tuberculosis).
User Submitted Feedback For Ethomid 250mg Tablet
Patients taking Ethomid 250mg Tablet
Once A Day
Twice A Day
Thrice A Day
Substitutes for Ethomid Tablet
Myobid 250mg Tablet
Panacea Biotec Ltd
Ethide 250mg Tablet
MD Thide 250mg Tablet
Maneesh Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Ethiocid 250mg Tablet
Themis Medicare Ltd
Ethiobin 250mg Tablet