food interaction for ETHASYL T
alcohol interaction for ETHASYL T
pregnancy interaction for ETHASYL T
lactation interaction for ETHASYL T
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ETHASYL T
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for ETHASYL T
- SYLATE T 500 MG/250 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 25.84/tabletRs. 258.35pay 55% more per tablet
- TRANLOK E 500 MG/250 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 16.40/tabletRs. 164save 2% more per tablet
- MCK E PLUS TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Lincoln Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 14/tabletRs. 140save 16% more per tablet
- NOSYLATE 500MG/250MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intel PharmaceuticalsRs. 22.50/tabletRs. 225pay 35% more per tablet
- COASTAT PLUS 500MG/250MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Concept Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 10.06/tabletRs. 100.57save 40% more per tablet
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Monik MehtaMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
Expert advice for ETHASYL T
- before the start of menstruation.
- If you are a woman >45 years of age
- If you are allergic to tranexamic acid or any of the ingredients of this medicine
- Consult your doctor if menstrual bleeding is not reduced after three menstrual cycles.
- To be sure this medication is not causing harmful effects, your vision may need to be tested while you are using tranexamic acid. Follow your doctor's instructions.
Frequently asked questions for ETHASYL T
Q.Is tranexamic acid a NSAID/steroid/a blood thinner/painkiller?
No, tranexamic acid belongs to a class of medications called antifibrinolytic, which are used to prevent the breakdown of blood clots in the body, thereby reducing bleeding. It is not an NSAID, steroid, blood thinner, or pain-killer
Q.Is tranexamic acid an over the counter drug?
No, it is available as a prescription drug
Q.Is tranexamic acid FDA approved?
Yes, tranexamic acid is approved by FDA, and marketed in most countries
Q.Can I take tranexamic acid with ibuprofen/ paracetamol/ Cerazette (progesterone alone contraceptive pill)/ norethisterone/ mefanamic acid/ diclofenac/ Provera (medroxyprogesterone) /antibiotics?
Cerazette (progesterone alone contraceptive pill)/ norethisterone/ Provera (medroxyprogesterone) are contraindicated with tranexamic acid. No clinically observed drug interaction has been reported with paracetamol, ibuprofen or diclofenac. Please consult your doctor when using concomitantly
Q.How long can I take Tranexamic acid?
It is advisable to take this drug only till prescribed by the doctor
Q.Does tranexamic acid stop period/ period pain?
Tranexamic acid helps to reduce excessive bleeding during heavy menstrual cycle. It may not reduce the pain associated with periods
Q.Does tranexamic acid affect ovulation/fertility/ heels cramp/cause a blood clot/ stop bleeding?
Tranexamic acid helps to reduce excessive bleeding during heavy menstrual cycle. It does not reduce fertility or ovulation, and is not known to cause leg cramps or, blood clot. Always follow your doctor's advice regarding its use.
Q.How does ethamsylate work?
Ethamsylate belongs to a class of medications called hemostatic agent. It acts by stopping bleeding from small blood vessels by stabilizing the wall of these blood vessels and improving platelet (blood cells that help in clotting)function.