food interaction for EPTIGRILIN
alcohol interaction for EPTIGRILIN
pregnancy interaction for EPTIGRILIN
lactation interaction for EPTIGRILIN
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR EPTIGRILIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR EPTIGRILIN
- FLETA BOLUS 20MG INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Lupin LtdRs. 250/ML of injectionRs. 2500save 6% more per ML of injection
- EPTIBIND 20MG INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 238.09/ML of injectionRs. 2380.95save 10% more per ML of injection
- EPTIDE 20MG INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 247.15/ML of injectionRs. 2471.51save 7% more per ML of injection
- INTERIGLIN 20MG INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Fulford India LtdRs. 300/ML of injectionRs. 3000pay 13% more per ML of injection
Expert advice FOR EPTIGRILIN
- Eptifibatide may reduce the number of blood cells that are needed for clotting. Avoid situations where bruising or injury may occur. Report any unusual bleeding, bruising, blood in stools, or dark tarry stools to your doctor.
- Before and during your treatment with eptifibatide samples of your blood will be tested as a safety measure to limit the possibility of unexpected bleeding.
- Eptifibatide should be used with caution in the elderly, female patients and patients with low body weight because of the risk of bleeding.
- Tell your doctor if you are using medicines to thin the blood (anticoagulants) such as warfarin, aspirin etc.
- Talk to your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Consult your doctor if you are taking anticoagulants (e.g. warfarin, heparin, aspirin, and dipyridamole) or painkillers (e.g. ibuprofen) or thrombolytics (e.g. alteplase) because of increased risk of bleeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR EPTIGRILIN
Q. Is eptifibatide a thrombolytic agent/ what is eptifibatide infusion/ how does eptifibatide work?
Eptifibatide is a thrombolytic drug and belongs to a class of drugs called Glycoprotein IIb/IIIa inhibitors. It works by inhibiting platelet aggregation and thus prevents blockage of blood vessels due to formation of blood clots.