food interaction for EPTIFLO
alcohol interaction for EPTIFLO
pregnancy interaction for EPTIFLO
lactation interaction for EPTIFLO
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for EPTIFLO
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for EPTIFLO
- INTIFLO 0.75MG INFUSION(100 ML infusion in bottle)Cipla LtdRs. 79.50/ML of infusionRs. 7949.50save 5% more per ML of infusion
- INTERIGLIN 0.75MG INFUSION(100 ML infusion in bottle)Fulford India LtdRs. 108.61/ML of infusionRs. 10861.30pay 30% more per ML of infusion
- EPTIDE 0.75MG INFUSION(100 ML infusion in bottle)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 81.48/ML of infusionRs. 8148.42save 3% more per ML of infusion
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for EPTIFLO
- Eptifibatide may reduce the number of blood cells that are needed for clotting. Avoid situations where bruising or injury may occur. Report any unusual bleeding, bruising, blood in stools, or dark tarry stools to your doctor.
- Before and during your treatment with eptifibatide samples of your blood will be tested as a safety measure to limit the possibility of unexpected bleeding.
- Eptifibatide should be used with caution in the elderly, female patients and patients with low body weight because of the risk of bleeding.
- Tell your doctor if you are using medicines to thin the blood (anticoagulants) such as warfarin, aspirin etc.
- Talk to your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Consult your doctor if you are taking anticoagulants (e.g. warfarin, heparin, aspirin, and dipyridamole) or painkillers (e.g. ibuprofen) or thrombolytics (e.g. alteplase) because of increased risk of bleeding.
Frequently asked questions for EPTIFLO
Q.Is eptifibatide a thrombolytic agent/ what is eptifibatide infusion/ how does eptifibatide work?
Eptifibatide is a thrombolytic drug and belongs to a class of drugs called Glycoprotein IIb/IIIa inhibitors. It works by inhibiting platelet aggregation and thus prevents blockage of blood vessels due to formation of blood clots.