Medicine Overview of Eptiflo Infusion
Uses of Eptiflo Infusion
Eptiflo 0.75mg Infusion is used in the treatment of unstable angina.
Side effects of Eptiflo Infusion
Bleeding, Decreased blood pressure.
How to use Eptiflo Infusion
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self-administer.
How Eptiflo Infusion works
Eptiflo 0.75mg infusion is an antiplatelet medication. It works by preventing platelets from sticking together which decreases the formation of harmful blood clots.
In Depth Information on Eptiflo Infusion
Expert advice for Eptiflo Infusion
- Eptifibatide may reduce the number of blood cells that are needed for clotting. Avoid situations where bruising or injury may occur. Report any unusual bleeding, bruising, blood in stools, or dark tarry stools to your doctor.
- Before and during your treatment with eptifibatide samples of your blood will be tested as a safety measure to limit the possibility of unexpected bleeding.
- Eptifibatide should be used with caution in the elderly, female patients and patients with low body weight because of the risk of bleeding.
- Tell your doctor if you are using medicines to thin the blood (anticoagulants) such as warfarin, aspirin etc.
- Talk to your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Consult your doctor if you are taking anticoagulants (e.g. warfarin, heparin, aspirin, and dipyridamole) or painkillers (e.g. ibuprofen) or thrombolytics (e.g. alteplase) because of increased risk of bleeding.
Special precautions for Eptiflo 0.75mg Infusion
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Eptiflo 0.75mg Infusion is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Eptiflo 0.75mg Infusion should be used with caution during l+more
actation. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
Not relevant, as Eptiflo 0.75mg Infusion is intended for use in hospitalised patients.
Eptiflo 0.75mg Infusion should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Eptiflo 0.75mg Infusion may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Use of Eptiflo 0.75mg Infusion is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease....
Use of Eptiflo 0.75mg Infusion is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease.
There is limited information available on the use of Eptiflo 0.75mg Infusion in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.+more
Use of Eptiflo 0.75mg Infusion is not recommended in patients with severe liver disease....
Use of Eptiflo 0.75mg Infusion is not recommended in patients with severe liver disease.
If you miss a dose of Eptifibatide, please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Eptiflo 0.75mg Infusion
Frequently asked questions for Eptifibatide
Eptiflo is a thrombolytic drug and belongs to a class of drugs called Glycoprotein IIb/IIIa inhibitors. It works by inhibiting platelet aggregation and thus prevents blockage of blood vessels due to formation of blood clots.