food interaction for EPOTOP
alcohol interaction for EPOTOP
pregnancy interaction for EPOTOP
lactation interaction for EPOTOP
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for EPOTOP
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for EPOTOP
- ZYROP 10000 IU INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Zydus CadilaRs. 2467.25/injectionRs. 2467.25save 33% more per injection
- EPOTRUST 10000 IU INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Panacea Biotec LtdRs. 3792.37/ML of injectionRs. 3792.37pay 3% more per ML of injection
- VINTOR 10000 IU INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 2967.30/ML of injectionRs. 2967.30save 19% more per ML of injection
- ESPOGEN 10000IU INJECTION(1 injection in vial)LG LifesciencesRs. 2341/injectionRs. 2341save 36% more per injection
- WEPOX 10000 IU INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Wockhardt LtdRs. 2700/ML of injectionRs. 2700save 26% more per ML of injection
- Dr. Hemant GandhiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. (Col.) Balbir KalraMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for EPOTOP
- Take advice from doctor if you suffer or have suffered from fits (epilepsy), high blood pressure, severe liver failure or anemia from other causes.
- Epoetin alfa should be used with caution in patients with a rare blood pigment disorder that affects skin and other organs (porphyria).
- Ask your doctor for advice if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions for EPOTOP
Q.What is epoetin alfa/ epoetin alfa injection used for?
Epoetin alfa is used for treatment of anemia (low hemoglobin or abnormally reduced number of red blood cells) related to severe kidney disease, cancer chemotherapy for certain tumors or due to zidovudine treatment for HIV (Human immunodeficiency virus) infection. Epoetin alfa is also used in moderately anemic patients scheduled to have major bone surgery (hip or knee replacement surgery) to reduce the need for blood transfusion
Q.How does epoetin alfa work?
Epoetin alfa works by stimulating red blood cell production.