food interaction for EPOFAITH
alcohol interaction for EPOFAITH
pregnancy interaction for EPOFAITH
lactation interaction for EPOFAITH
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for EPOFAITH
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for EPOFAITH
- EPORISE 4000IU PREFILLED SYRINGE(1 prefilled syringe in packet)Zuventus Healthcare LtdRs. 900/prefilled syringeRs. 900save 36% more per prefilled syringe
- RELIPOIETIN 4000 IU PREFILLED SYRINGE(0.4 ML prefilled syringe in packet)Reliance Life SciencesRs. 1400/ML of prefilled syringeRs. 1400same price
- ERYPRO SAFE 4000 IU PREFILLED SYRINGE(1 ML prefilled syringe in packet)BioconRs. 1687.40/ML of prefilled syringeRs. 1687.40pay 21% more per ML of prefilled syringe
- WEPOX SAFE 4000 IU PREFILLED SYRINGE(0.4 ML prefilled syringe in packet)Wockhardt LtdRs. 1567.46/ML of prefilled syringeRs. 1567.46pay 12% more per ML of prefilled syringe
- RPO 4000 IU PREFILLED SYRINGE(1 ML prefilled syringe in packet)RPG Life Sciences LtdRs. 1410/ML of prefilled syringeRs. 1410pay 1% more per ML of prefilled syringe
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. (Col.) Balbir KalraMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for EPOFAITH
- Take advice from doctor if you suffer or have suffered from fits (epilepsy), high blood pressure, severe liver failure or anemia from other causes.
- Epoetin alfa should be used with caution in patients with a rare blood pigment disorder that affects skin and other organs (porphyria).
- Ask your doctor for advice if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions for EPOFAITH
Q.What is epoetin alfa/ epoetin alfa injection used for?
Epoetin alfa is used for treatment of anemia (low hemoglobin or abnormally reduced number of red blood cells) related to severe kidney disease, cancer chemotherapy for certain tumors or due to zidovudine treatment for HIV (Human immunodeficiency virus) infection. Epoetin alfa is also used in moderately anemic patients scheduled to have major bone surgery (hip or knee replacement surgery) to reduce the need for blood transfusion
Q.How does epoetin alfa work?
Epoetin alfa works by stimulating red blood cell production.