food interaction for EPOFAITH
alcohol interaction for EPOFAITH
pregnancy interaction for EPOFAITH
lactation interaction for EPOFAITH
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for EPOFAITH
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for EPOFAITH
- EPOFIT 10000 IU PREFILLED SYRINGE(1 prefilled syringe in packet)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 3500/prefilled syringeRs. 3500pay 17% more per prefilled syringe
- ERYPRO SAFE 10000 IU PREFILLED SYRINGE(1 ML prefilled syringe in packet)BioconRs. 2995/ML of prefilled syringeRs. 2995same price
- RPO 10000 IU PREFILLED SYRINGE(1 prefilled syringe in packet)RPG Life Sciences LtdRs. 1875/prefilled syringeRs. 1875save 38% more per prefilled syringe
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Monik MehtaMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for EPOFAITH
- Take advice from doctor if you suffer or have suffered from fits (epilepsy), high blood pressure, severe liver failure or anemia from other causes.
- Epoetin alfa should be used with caution in patients with a rare blood pigment disorder that affects skin and other organs (porphyria).
- Ask your doctor for advice if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions for EPOFAITH
Q.What is epoetin alfa/ epoetin alfa injection used for?
Epoetin alfa is used for treatment of anemia (low hemoglobin or abnormally reduced number of red blood cells) related to severe kidney disease, cancer chemotherapy for certain tumors or due to zidovudine treatment for HIV (Human immunodeficiency virus) infection. Epoetin alfa is also used in moderately anemic patients scheduled to have major bone surgery (hip or knee replacement surgery) to reduce the need for blood transfusion
Q.How does epoetin alfa work?
Epoetin alfa works by stimulating red blood cell production.