Medicine Overview of Epivir Solution
Side effects of Epivir Solution
Fatigue, Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Abdominal pain, Dizziness, Ear infection, Nasal infection, Throat infection, Sore throat, Skin rash, Muscle pain, Fever, Chills, Diarrhoea.
How to use Epivir Solution
Use this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use.
How Epivir Solution works
Epivir solution prevents the multiplication of HIV virus in human cells. Thus stops the HIV virus from producing new viruses.
In Depth Information on Epivir Solution
Expert advice for Epivir Solution
- Consult your doctor if you have diabetes and are using insulin.
- Patients receiving this therapy are always at a risk for infections and hence should report any such cases to the doctor.
- Consult your doctor if you take any prescription medication; Inform your doctor if you take other medicine for treatment of HIV or hepatitis B infection, hairy cell leukemia [a type of blood cancer], or antibiotics for infection.
- Lamivudine may rarely cause a serious side effect like lactic acidosis with symptoms such as pain or weakness of muscle, numbness or feeling cold in arms or legs, stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, lack of breath, aberrant heart rate, dizziness, weak or tired feeling; hence, inform the doctor immediately if you experience any of these symptoms.
- It is possible to pass on HIV when on this medication and hence it is important to take necessary precautions to prevent HIV from spreading.
- Inform you doctor if you notice signs of change in the distribution of fat (lipodystrophy), erosion of bones (osteronecrosis), or inflammation of pancreas (pancreatitis).
- If you are on therapy it is important to use effective non hormonal method of contraception or condom so that a pregnancy can be avoided.
- Use with caution in pediatric patients with a history of pancreatitis or other significant risk factors for pancreatitis.
Special precautions for Epivir Solution
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Epivir Solution may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Epivir Solution should be used with caution during lactation+more
. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
It is not known whether Epivir Solution alters the ability t+more
o drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react....
Epivir Solution is probably unsafe to use in patients with kidney disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.+more
Caution to be advised in patients with moderate to severe impaired renal function....
Caution to be advised in patients with moderate to severe impaired renal function.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Lamivudine, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Epivir NA Solution
Frequently asked questions for Lamivudine
Q. Can lamivudine cure hepatitis B?
Lamivudine is used to treat hepatitis B but some patients may be resistant to this dru
Epivir cannot be crushed but it can be broken into two parts to give it to children. Please go by the recommendation of the doctor
Epivir may cause anemia as a side effect in some patients. Kindly consult your doctor in case any side effects are observed.
Substitutes for Epivir
No substitutes found for this medicine