food interaction for EPITRIL
alcohol interaction for EPITRIL
pregnancy interaction for EPITRIL
lactation interaction for EPITRIL
medicine interaction for EPITRIL
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR EPITRIL
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR EPITRIL
- RIVOTRIL 2 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 8.65/tabletRs. 86.50save 26% more per tablet
- LONAZEP 2MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 7.70/tabletRs. 77save 34% more per tablet
- ZAPIZ 2 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 7.95/tabletRs. 79.50save 32% more per tablet
- CLONOTRIL 2 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 7.80/tabletRs. 78save 33% more per tablet
- PETRIL 2MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 9.05/tabletRs. 90.50save 22% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR EPITRIL
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or are planning to become pregnant during the administration of this medicine.
- Clonazepam may be addictive, so take it as prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not discontinue the use of Clonazepam, unless the doctor has advised you. Discontinuation may cause withdrawal symptoms, which may include seizures.
- Clonazepam may cause memory problems, drowsiness, confusion, especially in elderly patients.
- Most people may find that it gets less effective over time.
- Avoid driving after taking Clonazepam as it may cause drowsiness, dizziness, and confusion.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Clonazepam, it may cause excessive drowsiness.
Frequently asked questions FOR EPITRIL
Q. Is clonazepam stronger than lorazepam?
Clonazepam and lorazepam belong to same category of drugs called benzodiazepines. Clonazepam is used to treat fits (epilepsy or seizures) and sudden, unexpected attacks of extreme fear, and worry about these attacks (panic disorder) with or without the fear of public places (agoraphobia) while lorazepam is used to treat anxiety disorders. Always follow doctor’s advice regarding the use of these drugs
Q. What is lonazep used for?
Lonazep is a trade name for active drug clonazepam. Clonazepam belongs to a group of medicines called benzodiazepines. Clonazepam is used to treat fits (epilepsy or seizures) and sudden, unexpected attacks of extreme fear, and worry about these attacks (panic disorder) with or without the fear of public places (agoraphobia)
Q. Is clonazepam safe?
Clonazepam is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Are clonazepam/ Lonazep addictive?
Lonazep is a trade name for the active drug clonazepam. Prolonged use of clonazepam may develop dependence on this medicine
Q. Is clonazepam an opiate/benzo/valium?
Valium is a trade name for active drug diazepam which belongs to a group of medicines called benzodiazepines same as clonazepam. Clonazepam and Valium are different from opiates which are used to relieve severe pain such as the bone fracture/ cancer pain
Q. Is clonazepam a sedative?
Clonazepam have side effects such as drowsiness, tiredness, and dizziness
Q. Is clonazepam an antidepressant/sleeping pill/can used to treat insomnia and anxiety?
Clonazepam is used to treat fits (epilepsy or seizures) and sudden, unexpected attacks of extreme fear, and worry about these attacks (panic disorder) with or without the fear of public places (agoraphobia). Excessive sleepiness is one of the side-effects of clonazepam, however, it is not used to treat insomnia, nor is it used to treat depression
Q. How long can I take clonazepam for/ can I take clonazepam forever?
Always follow the instructions of doctor regarding dosage and duration of use of clonazepam
Q. Can I take clonazepam with oxycodone/ melatonin/ Adderall/ Suboxone/ amoxicillin/ trazodone/ Advil/ Valium/ Tylenol/ Prozac?
Clonazepam may interact with oxycodone/ melatonin/ Adderall (amphetamine and dextroamphetamine)/ Suboxone (buprenorphine and naloxone)/ amoxicillin/trazodone/Advil (ibuprofen)/ Valium (diazepam)/ Tylenol (paracetamol)/ Prozac (fluoxetine). Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q. Does clonazepam cause hair loss/tiredness/weight gain/ dementia/drowsy/slow heart rate?
Clonazepam belongs to a group of medicines called benzodiazepines and have some of these side-effects such as hair loss, tiredness, drowsiness. It is not known whether side effects such as weight gain, dementia, and slow heart rate occur; however fluttering or tightness of the chest have been reported.