food interaction for EPITOP
alcohol interaction for EPITOP
pregnancy interaction for EPITOP
lactation interaction for EPITOP
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for EPITOP
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for EPITOP
- TOPAZ 50 TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 8/tabletRs. 80pay 24% more per tablet
- TOPAMAC 50MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Janssen PharmaceuticalsRs. 14.90/tabletRs. 149pay 131% more per tablet
- TOPIROL 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 10.70/tabletRs. 107pay 66% more per tablet
- NEXTOP 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 10.10/tabletRs. 101pay 57% more per tablet
- TOPIRAIN 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Unichem Laboratories LtdRs. 9.32/tabletRs. 93.25pay 45% more per tablet
- Dr. Kapil AgarwalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Tina AhluwaliaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Namit GuptaMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Sunil SinglaMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Mayank ChawlaMBBS, MD, DM
Expert advice for EPITOP
- Do not take topiramate if you are allergic to it or to any other content in the medicine.
- Avoid using topiramate if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breast-feeding a baby.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of patients with following history of disease conditions: liver or kidney problems or require kidney dialysis; eye problems or growth problems; blood- or body fluid- related problems such as metabolic acidosis.
- Keep yourself hydrated by drinking plenty of fluids throughout the day while taking this drug, to prevent you from getting kidney stones.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery when taking topiramate as it may lead to dizziness or vision problems.
Frequently asked questions for EPITOP
Q.Is topiramate a narcotic, benzodiazepine, MAOI, or blood-thinning drug?
No. Topiramate is not a narcotic, benzodiazepine, MAOI, or a blood-thinning drug
Q.Can I take topiramate for weight loss?
No. Topiramate is not indicated for weight loss. It is indicated for the treatment of seizures and migraine headaches. Please consult your doctor before taking the medicine
Q.Is topiramate good for anxiety?
Topiramate is not indicated for the treatment of anxiety. Please consult your doctor before taking the medicine
Q.Is topiramate safe?
Topiramate is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Q.Can I take topiramate with naproxen, paracetamol, tramadol, Nyquil, Advil, Wellbutrin, methadone, phenteramine, Percocet, Adderall, Zoloft,Vicodin or garcinia?
Topiramate can be taken with naproxen, paracetamol, tramadol, Advil (ibuprofen), or garcinia only if prescribed by your doctor. Topiramate should not be taken with Nyquil, methadone, Percocet (oxycodone), Phenteramine, Zoloft (sertraline), and Vicodin (hydrocodone)
Q.Does topiramate cause acne, tiredness, weight gain, weight loss, itching, low blood pressure, or insomnia?
Yes. Topiramate may cause acne, tiredness, weight loss, itching, low blood pressure, or insomnia. It does not cause weight gain. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor
Q.Does topiramate affect birth control?
Yes. Topiramate may affect the action of oral contraceptive pills. Please consult your doctor to confirm whether you require a secondary birth control measure while taking topiramate.