food interaction for ENTAVIR
alcohol interaction for ENTAVIR
pregnancy interaction for ENTAVIR
lactation interaction for ENTAVIR
medicine interaction for ENTAVIR
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR ENTAVIR
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR ENTAVIR 0.5 MG TABLET
Patients taking ENTAVIR 0.5 MG TABLET
- 86%Once A Day
- 12%Twice A Day
- 2%Twice A Week
SUBSTITUTES FOR ENTAVIR
- BARACLUDE 0.5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Bms India Pvt LtdRs. 74.55/tabletRs. 745.50same price
- ENTEHEP 0.5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 72.97/tabletRs. 729.67save 2% more per tablet
- ENTALIV 0.5MG TABLET(30 tablets in packet)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 74.55/tabletRs. 2236.50same price
- X VIR 0.5 MG TABLET(30 tablets in strip)Natco Pharma LtdRs. 82/tabletRs. 2460pay 10% more per tablet
- HEPALO 0.5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 75/tabletRs. 750pay 1% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR ENTAVIR
- Do not discontinue taking entecavir without your doctor’s advice.
- Entecavir should be taken on an empty stomach. Please follow the instructions of your doctor.
- Do consult your doctor before taking entecavir, if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
- Do consult your doctor before taking entecavir, if you are breast-feeding.
- Do not drive or operate machines if you feed dizzy, tired or sleepy after taking entecavir.
- Do consult your doctor before taking entecavir if you have Kidney disease, any other liver disease or a liver transplant.
- Consult your doctor before taking entecavir, if you have AIDS or HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) infection. Tests for HIV should be performed before taking entecavir in suspected individuals.
- Inform your doctor, if you have taken medicines containing active drug lamivudine (Epivir, Epzicom, Trizivir) or telbivudine. Inform your doctor about all medications you have received in the past for treatment of hepatitis B.
- Worsening of hepatitis B may occur while taking entecavir and upon discontinuation. Liver function tests must be conducted while on treatment and upon discontinuation.
- Immediately report symptoms such as nausea, vomiting and stomach pain to your doctor. These might indicate development of a life-threatening side effect of entecavir called lactic acidosis (excess lactic acid in blood). Lactic acidosis occurs more often in women, particularly if they are very overweight.
Frequently asked questions FOR ENTAVIR
Q. What is entecavir/baraclude used for?
Baraclude is a trade name for active drug entecavir. Entecavir is an antiviral drug and is used to treat long-term infection of the liver (hepatitis) caused by hepatitis B virus
Q. What is entecavir monohydrate?
Entecavir monohydrate is the salt form of active drug entecavir which is used in the preparation of different formulations (eg. Tablets). It has the same antiviral activity like entecavir and is used to treat long-term infection of the liver (hepatitis) caused by hepatitis B virus
Q. Is entecavir/baraclude effective?
Baraclude is a trade name for active drug entecavir and is used to treat long-term infection of the liver (hepatitis) caused by hepatitis B virus. It is effective if used as advised by your doctor. The effectiveness of entecavir may vary depending upon individual cases
Q. What are the side effects of baraclude?
Baraclude is a trade name for active drug entecavir and has the same side effects as entecavir
Q. How does baraclude work?
Baraclude is a trade name for active drug entecavir. Entecavir is an antiviral drug and works by blocking the DNA synthesis in hepatitis B virus, a process essential for the virus to grow and multiply. It stops the virus from spreading in the body
Q. Does entecavir work/how fast does entecavir work?
Entecavir is an antiviral drug used to treat long-term infection of the liver (hepatitis) caused by hepatitis B virus. It is effective if used as advised by your doctor. The effectiveness and duration of treatment may vary upon individual response
Q. Does entecavir affect sperm or cause weight gain?
No. Entecavir has no known effect on sperm or increasing body weight.