Substitutes for ENTALIV TABLET
ENTARICA 0.5MG TABLET
Fibrica Healthcare Pvt Ltd
CRONIVIR 0.5MG TABLET
Hetero Drugs Ltd
ENCURE 0.5MG TABLET
Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
ENTEHEP 0.5MG TABLET
BARACLUDE 0.5MG TABLET
Bms India Pvt Ltd
Medicine Overview of ENTALIV TABLET
Side effects of ENTALIV TABLET
Fatigue, Headache, Nausea, Dizziness.
How to use ENTALIV TABLET
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Entaliv 0.5mg tablet empty stomach (1 hour before food or 2 hours after food).
How ENTALIV TABLET works
Entaliv 0.5mg tablet prevents the multiplication of HIV virus in human cells. Thus stops the HIV virus from producing new viruses.
In Depth Information on ENTALIV TABLET
Expert advice for ENTALIV TABLET
- Do not discontinue taking entecavir without your doctor’s advice.
- Entecavir should be taken on an empty stomach. Please follow the instructions of your doctor.
- Do consult your doctor before taking entecavir, if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
- Do consult your doctor before taking entecavir, if you are breast-feeding.
- Do not drive or operate machines if you feed dizzy, tired or sleepy after taking entecavir.
- Do consult your doctor before taking entecavir if you have Kidney disease, any other liver disease or a liver transplant.
- Consult your doctor before taking entecavir, if you have AIDS or HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) infection. Tests for HIV should be performed before taking entecavir in suspected individuals.
- Inform your doctor, if you have taken medicines containing active drug lamivudine (Epivir, Epzicom, Trizivir) or telbivudine. Inform your doctor about all medications you have received in the past for treatment of hepatitis B.
- Worsening of hepatitis B may occur while taking entecavir and upon discontinuation. Liver function tests must be conducted while on treatment and upon discontinuation.
- Immediately report symptoms such as nausea, vomiting and stomach pain to your doctor. These might indicate development of a life-threatening side effect of entecavir called lactic acidosis (excess lactic acid in blood). Lactic acidosis occurs more often in women, particularly if they are very overweight.
Special precautions for ENTALIV 0.5MG TABLET
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Entaliv 0.5mg tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
Caution to be advised in patients with impaired renal function.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
HERPERAX 200MG TABLET, VALGAIDS 450MG TABLET, AVERY 300MG TABLET, TRAMAZAC HP 50MG INJECTION
If you miss a dose of Entecavir, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for ENTALIV 0.5MG TABLET
Frequently asked questions for Entecavir
Q. What is entecavir/baraclude used for?
Baraclude is a trade name for active drug entecavir. Entecavir is an antiviral drug and is used to treat long-term infection of the liver (hepatitis) caused by hepatitis B virus
Q. What is entecavir monohydrate?
Entecavir monohydrate is the salt form of active drug entecavir which is used in the preparation of different formulations (eg. Tablets). It has the same antiviral activity like entecavir and is used to treat long-term infection of the liver (hepatitis) caused by hepatitis B virus
Q. Is entecavir/baraclude effective?
Baraclude is a trade name for active drug entecavir and is used to treat long-term infection of the liver (hepatitis) caused by hepatitis B virus. It is effective if used as advised by your doctor. The effectiveness of entecavir may vary depending upon individual cases
Q. What are the side effects of baraclude?
Baraclude is a trade name for active drug entecavir and has the same side effects as entecavir
Q. How does baraclude work?
Baraclude is a trade name for active drug entecavir. Entecavir is an antiviral drug and works by blocking the DNA synthesis in hepatitis B virus, a process essential for the virus to grow and multiply. It stops the virus from spreading in the body
Q. Does entecavir work/how fast does entecavir work?
Entecavir is an antiviral drug used to treat long-term infection of the liver (hepatitis) caused by hepatitis B virus. It is effective if used as advised by your doctor. The effectiveness and duration of treatment may vary upon individual response
Q. Does entecavir affect sperm or cause weight gain?
No. Entecavir has no known effect on sperm or increasing body weight.
User Submitted Feedback For ENTALIV 0.5MG TABLET
Patients taking ENTALIV 0.5MG TABLET
Once A Day
Twice A Day
Twice A Week
How effective is this medicine?
Do you find this medicine expensive?