food interaction for ENTACOM
alcohol interaction for ENTACOM
pregnancy interaction for ENTACOM
lactation interaction for ENTACOM
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR ENTACOM
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR ENTACOM 200 MG TABLET
Patients taking ENTACOM 200 MG TABLET
- 44%Thrice A Day
- 24%Twice A Day
- 12%Four Times A Day
- 9%Once A Month
- 6%Once A Week
- 3%Alternate Day
- 3%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR ENTACOMNo substitutes found
Expert advice FOR ENTACOM
- Seek advice if you experience any new, unusual, or increased urges (eg, gambling, sexual urges) while using entacapone.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you develop symptoms of Neuroleptic malignant syndrome (fever, stiff muscles, confusion, abnormal thinking, fast or irregular heartbeat, and sweating) which is a possibly fatal syndrome that can be caused by entacapone.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as entacapone may cause dizziness or drowsiness.
- Do not consume alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of entacapone.
- Avoid situations (such as hot weather, exercise) which may aggravate the side effects of entacapone (dizziness, light-headedness, or fainting). To prevent such side effects, sit up or stand slowly, especially in the morning.
- Take precautions to stay hydrated as entacapone may cause diarrhea, which typically begins within 4 to 12 weeks of starting the treatment. Seek immediate medical attention, if you have severe, persistent, or watery diarrhea.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR ENTACOM
Q. Is entacapone a dopamine agonist?
No, entacapone is not a dopamine agonist
Q. Is entacapone a controlled substance?
Yes, entacapone is a controlled substance and may not be available OTC
Q. Does entacapone cross the bbb?
No, entacapone does not cross the blood brain barrier
Q. Does entacapone lower blood pressure?
No, entacapone does not lower blood pressure.