food interaction for ENGATT
alcohol interaction for ENGATT
pregnancy interaction for ENGATT
lactation interaction for ENGATT
medicine interaction for ENGATT
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR ENGATT
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR ENGATT
- MICROGAT 0.3% W/V EYE OINTMENT(5 GM eye ointment in tube)Micro Labs LtdRs. 11.10/GM of eye ointmentRs. 55.50pay 98% more per GM of eye ointment
- GATIQUIN 0.3% EYE OINTMENT(5 GM eye ointment in tube)Cipla LtdRs. 4.44/GM of eye ointmentRs. 22.20save 21% more per GM of eye ointment
- FLOXGAT 0.3% EYE OINTMENT(3 GM eye ointment in tube)Jawa Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 14.26/GM of eye ointmentRs. 42.78pay 155% more per GM of eye ointment
Expert advice FOR ENGATT
- Avoid contact lenses if you have bacterial conjunctivitis or you are applying eye drops.
- Inform your doctor about your existing medical conditions, allergies, and all medicines that you use.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as you may have blurred vision after using gatifloxacin topical.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- It should not take if patient is allergic to gatifloxacin or any of its ingredients.
Frequently asked questions FOR ENGATT
Q. Does gatifloxacin topical contain sulfa?
Gatifloxacin topical does not contain sulfa. It is a fluoroquinolone antibiotic
Q. Is gatifloxacin topical the same as Zymaxid?
Zymaxid is the brand name for gatifloxacin eye solution
Q. Is gatifloxacin topical the same as ofloxacin?
Both gatifloxacin and ofloxacin are fluoroquinolone antibiotics and have the same mechanism of killing bacteria. Ofloxacin topical is used to treat eye and ear infections, whereas gatifloxacin is used in the form of eye/ear drops for the treatment of eye and ear infections only. They are also different with respect to the side-effects they cause
Q. Is gatifloxacin topical banned in India?
Gatifloxacin is banned in India for oral/injectable use in humans, however its use as eye/ear drops is not banned.