food interaction for ENDACE
alcohol interaction for ENDACE
pregnancy interaction for ENDACE
lactation interaction for ENDACE
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ENDACE
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for ENDACE 160 MG TABLET
Patients taking ENDACE 160 MG TABLET
- 65%Twice A Day
- 22%Once A Day
- 9%Thrice A Day
- 4%Four Times A Day
SUBSTITUTES for ENDACE
- MEGEETRON 160 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 77.14/tabletRs. 771.42save 22% more per tablet
Expert advice for ENDACE
- Inform the doctor before taking megestrol if you have a history of thrombophlebitis (blood clots) or a suffering from liver or kidney disease, diabetes or adrenal gland disorder.
- You should use megestrol with caution if you are an elderly patient as it may cause decreased liver, renal or heart functions.
- Take precautions as megestrol may interfere with the normal menstrual cycle (period) in women.
- Seek medical emergency if you develop any allergic reaction like swelling of lips, face and tongue, skin rash, difficulty breathing while taking megestrol.
Frequently asked questions for ENDACE
Q.Is megestrol safe?
Megestrol is safe if it is taken at a particular dose, duration and indication as prescribed by the doctor
Q.Is megestrol a steroid/ chemo drug?
Megestrol is a steroid and also used in chemotherapy of breast cance
Q.Is megestrol acetate a controlled substance?
Megestrol is not a controlled substance
Q.Is megestrol cytotoxic?
Megestrol is a progestational agent or a synthetic form of the female sex hormone progesterone. Its anti-neoplastic effect against breast cancer is exerted by inhibition of pituitary gonadotrophin production (type of hormone released from the pituitary gland) and resultant decrease in estrogen secretion, and to some extent by direct cytotoxic effect on tumor cells
Q.Does megestrol stop bleeding?
Megestrol stops unusual heavy bleeding from the uterus (dysfunctional uterine bleeding).