food interaction for ENCIFER
alcohol interaction for ENCIFER
pregnancy interaction for ENCIFER
lactation interaction for ENCIFER
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ENCIFER
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for ENCIFER
- HB 29 100 MG INJECTION(5 ML injection in vial)Corona Remedies Pvt LtdRs. 39/ML of injectionRs. 195save 26% more per ML of injection
- ENCICARB 100MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 212.65/ML of injectionRs. 425.30pay 306% more per ML of injection
- FERIZEST 100MG INJECTION(5 ML injection in vial)DWD Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 39.93/ML of injectionRs. 199.65save 24% more per ML of injection
- FERIZEST 100MG INJECTION(2.5 ML injection in vial)DWD Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 50.35/ML of injectionRs. 125.87save 4% more per ML of injection
- Dr. Sanjay VermaMBBS, MS
- Dr. Anita SethiMBBS, MD, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. Varun GogiaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Parul SharmaMBBS, MS, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. Reema DasMBBS, Diploma, MS
Expert advice for ENCIFER
- if you have allergy to iron supplements
- if you have anemia not produced by iron deficiency
- if you have bronze markings on your skin to show a buildup of too much iron in the body (hemochromatosis or hemosiderosis)
- if you have or had any serious disease affecting the intestines, including stomach ulcers, inflammatory conditions of your bowel,
- if you noticed blood in urine
- if you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars
Frequently asked questions for ENCIFER
Q.Can I take iron tablets for life long/ How long can I take iron tablets for?
Iron supplement is advised in patients with iron deficiency or iron deficient anemia till the haemoglobin level becomes normal. Please consult your doctor regarding its proper use
Q.Can I take iron pills for anemia and iron deficiency?
Yes, iron pills are recommended for iron deficient anemia. It is not recommended for other types of anemia. Always consult your doctor regarding its proper use
Q.What can I take for iron supplement?
You can consume food items that are rich in iron content (like red meat, pork, poultry, seafood or beans, dark green leafy vegetables (like spinach), dried fruit (raisins and apricots), iron-fortified cereals, breads and pastas, peas). Iron supplements (tables or capsules) available at pharmacy store are to be used for iron deficient anemia. Always consult your doctor regarding its proper use
Q.What can I take for iron deficiency anemia?
You can take iron supplement (ferrous fumarate/ferrous sulfate/ferrous gluconate) tablets to treat iron deficient anemia. Always consult your doctor regarding its proper use
Q.Can I take iron with vitamin C/ Vitamin D/ multivitamin/ folic acid?
Yes, iron and vitamin C/ Vitamin D/ multivitamin/ folic acid can be taken together. Taking vitamin C and iron together helps the body absorb the iron Always consult your doctor regarding its proper use
Q.Can I take iron with zinc?
No, iron supplement may alter the absorption of zinc, if given together
Q.Can I take iron with Tylenol?
Yes, patient can take Tylenol (paracetamol) with iron. However, always consult your doctor regarding its proper use
Q.Do iron supplements increase weight?
Taking iron supplements may cause weight gain
Q.Does iron tablets/syrup cause constipation/ acne?
Yes, consumption of iron in any form may cause constipation or acne. Please consult your doctor if you experience such side effects.