food interaction for EMESTAT
alcohol interaction for EMESTAT
pregnancy interaction for EMESTAT
lactation interaction for EMESTAT
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for EMESTAT
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for EMESTAT OD 20 MG/20 MG TABLET
Patients taking EMESTAT OD 20 MG/20 MG TABLET
- 89%Once A Day
- 11%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for EMESTAT
- DOXINATE OD 20 MG/20 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Maneesh Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 8.43/tabletRs. 126.44pay 18% more per tablet
- DOXYLA B6 FORTE 20 MG/20 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Maneesh Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 6.12/tabletRs. 61.20save 14% more per tablet
- GOODMORN FORTE 20MG/20MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)DWD Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 6.30/tabletRs. 63save 12% more per tablet
- GOODAY 20 MG/20 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Akesiss Pharma Pvt LtdRs. 5.30/tabletRs. 53save 26% more per tablet
- DOXYLA B6 20MG/20MG TABLET(20 tablets in strip)Maneesh Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 2.79/tabletRs. 55.77save 61% more per tablet
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for EMESTAT
- If you have glaucoma (raised pressure in the eye), asthma, bronchitis (inflammation of air passages), emphysema (blocking of air flow to the lungs) or other chronic lung diseases.
- If you have problems with urination or an enlarged prostate.
- If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breast-feeding a baby.
Frequently asked questions for EMESTAT
Q.Is doxylamine addictive/habit-forming?
Doxylamine, if used improperly or for a long-time may cause addiction
Q.Is doxylamine a blood-thinner/anticholinergic/sleep aid?
Doxylamine is not a blood-thinner. But is does have anticholinergic property. It induces sleep and hence, is prescribed for short-term treatment of insomnia as a sleep aid
Q.Is doxylamine safe?
Yes. Doxylamine is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Q.Is doxylamine the same as diphenhydramine?
No. Doxylamine and diphenhydramine are two different drugs from the same class called antihistamines
Q.Can I take doxylamine with ibuprofen, prednisone, pseudoephedrine, Zyrtec, citalopram, or Benadryl?
Yes. Doxylamine can be taken with ibuprofen, prednisone, pseudoephedrine, Zyrtec (cetrizine), citalopram, or Benadryl if prescribed by your doctor
Q.Does doxylamine cause weight-gain, drowsiness, high blood pressure, dementia, diarrhea, tiredness, or Alzheimer's disease?
Doxylamine may cause drowsiness, tiredness, diarrhea, or increase the blood pressure. However, it does not cause weight gain, dementia or Alzheimer's disease
Q.Can I take doxylamine succinate if I have high blood pressure?
Doxylamine may cause increase in blood pressure if you already suffer from hypertension. It is advisable to consult your doctor before use
Q.Is Doxylamine a narcotic drug?
No. Doxylamine is not a narcotic drug.