Medicine Overview of Eme Injection
Side effects of Eme Injection
Fatigue, Headache, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Injection site allergic reaction, Constipation.
How to use Eme Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Eme Injection works
Eme OD 0.075mg Injection is an antiemetic (anti-nausea medicine). It inhibits the action of serotonin, a chemical messenger that can trigger nausea and vomiting.
In Depth Information on Eme Injection
Expert advice for Eme Injection
- Take Eme 30 minutes before your food.
- If you vomit within 30 minutes after taking the Eme, take the same amount again. If vomiting continues, check with your doctor.
- If Eme is used for a short duration, for e.g. 6 -10 days, the risk of side-effects is minimal (well-tolerated).
- You can use oral disintegrating film/strip (medicated strip that dissolves when comes in contact with a wet surface) form of the Eme if you are nauseous to swallow a tablet or capsule.
- If you are using Eme in the form of oral disintegrating film/strip:
- Make sure your hands are dry.
- Immediately place the film/strip on the top of the tongue.
- The film/strip will dissolve in seconds and you can swallow it with your saliva.
- You do not need to drink water or other liquids to swallow the film/strip.
Eme Injection related warnings
Special precautions for Eme Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Eme OD 0.075mg Injection is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Eme OD 0.075mg Injection is probably safe to use during la+more
ctation. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Eme OD 0.075mg Injection may make you feel dizzy, sleepy,+more
tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
Eme OD 0.075mg Injection is safe to use in patients with k+more
idney disease. No dose adjustment of Eme OD 0.075mg Injection is recommended....
Eme OD 0.075mg Injection is safe to use in patients with l+more
iver disease. No dose adjustment of Eme OD 0.075mg Injection is recommended....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Adamon 100mg Injection, TRANDOL 50MG INJECTION, Tramazac HP 50mg Injection, Trofentyl 50mcg Injection
If you miss a dose of Palonosetron, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions about Eme Injection
Frequently asked questions about Palonosetron
Eme hydrochloride or Eme is a serotonin (5HT3) antagonist
Q. What is it used for?
Palonosetron hydrochloride or palonosetron is a serotonin (5HT3) antagonist used to prevent moderate to severe nausea and vomiting induced by cancer chemotherapy. It may also be used to prevent nausea and vomiting for up to 24 hours following a surgery (postoperative nausea and vomiting)
Eme belongs to a class of antiemetic medications called serotonin (5HT3) antagonists. It binds to special sites called serotonin 5HT3 receptors and blocks the action of serotonin, a naturally released chemical in the body that triggers nausea and vomiting.
Substitutes for Eme
No substitutes found for this medicine