food interaction for ELSTATIN
alcohol interaction for ELSTATIN
pregnancy interaction for ELSTATIN
lactation interaction for ELSTATIN
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ELSTATIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for ELSTATIN
- STATIN 20 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Indica Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 3.75/tabletRs. 37.46save 53% more per tablet
- AZTATIN 20MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 6.38/tabletRs. 63.77save 20% more per tablet
- LOVACARD 20MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 10.35/tabletRs. 103.50pay 29% more per tablet
- LOVALIP 20MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cadila Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 13/tabletRs. 130pay 62% more per tablet
- Dr. Hemant GandhiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
Expert advice for ELSTATIN
- Take Lovastatin only as prescribed by your doctor.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Lovastatin, it may worsen the adverse effects of this medicine on the liver.
- Notify your doctor if you experience unexplained muscle pain or weakness, which can lead to serious kidney problems.
- Do not take Niacin with Lovastatin. Niacin may increase Lovastatin's side effects on the muscles, which can lead to serious kidney problems.
- Notify the doctor that you are taking this medicine before undergoing any kind of surgery.
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or are planning to become pregnant during the administration of this medicine.
Frequently asked questions for ELSTATIN
Q.Is lovastatin a blood thinner or a beta blocker or ACE inhibitor?
No, lovastatin is a statin (lipid-lowering agents) or HMG CoA reductase inhibitor
Q.How lovastatin works?
Lovastatin works by blocking an enzyme (HMG CoA) that is needed by the body to make cholesterol, and hence reduces the amount of cholesterol in the blood
Q.Is lovastatin safe or is lovastatin bad for you?
Yes. Lovastatin is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Q.Is lovastatin the same as Lipitor (atorvastatin) or simvastatin or pravastatin?
No, although it belongs to same group of medications called statins
Q.Can I take lovastatin with ibuprofen or Tylenol?
No results found for any interaction of lovastatin with ibuprofen or Tylenol, but always consult with your doctor before taking this medication
Q.Can I take aspirin or niacin with lovastatin?
No, do not take aspirin or niacin with lovastatin, because they interact with each other
Q.Does lovastatin cause hair loss or dry mouth or weight gain or constipation?
No. Lovastatin does not cause hair loss or dry mouth or weight gain or constipation
Q.Does lovastatin cause diabetes or raised blood sugar?
No. Lovastatin does not cause diabetes or raised blood sugar
Q.Does lovastatin cause memory loss or headaches?
Yes, memory loss and headache are the side effects of lovastatin.