food interaction for ELOVAC B
alcohol interaction for ELOVAC B
pregnancy interaction for ELOVAC B
lactation interaction for ELOVAC B
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ELOVAC B
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for ELOVAC B
- GENEVAC B 20 MCG INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Serum Institute Of India LtdRs. 82.04/ML of injectionRs. 820.40pay 77% more per ML of injection
- GENEVAC B 20 MCG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Serum Institute Of India LtdRs. 85.95/ML of injectionRs. 85.95pay 85% more per ML of injection
- ENGERIX B ADULT 20 MCG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 106.14/ML of injectionRs. 106.14pay 129% more per ML of injection
- HEPPACINE B 20MCG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Bharat Serums & Vaccines LtdRs. 11000/ML of injectionRs. 11000pay 23607% more per ML of injection
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for ELOVAC B
- Inform your doctor before taking the vaccine if you have a weakened immune system due to cancer, use of anti-cancer drugs, dialysis or HIV infection.
- Inform your doctor before taking the vaccine if you are old, obese or if you smoke.
- Tell your doctor if you fainted during earlier vaccination with hepatitis B or if you have problems with blood clotting or if you have hepatitis B infection or live in an area prone to hepatitis B infection.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery as the vaccine may make you feel dizzy.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to hepatitis B or any other vaccines or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if having fever.
Frequently asked questions for ELOVAC B
Q.Is hepatitis B infection curable?
No. In most cases, the symptoms of hepatitis B infection is resolved within 4-8 weeks but person remain infected for lifetime. In some cases, however, symptoms may persist for a longer time (chronic infection)
Q.Is hepatitis B infection fatal or life-threatening?
Yes. Hepatitis B infection symptoms, if present for a longer time, may cause chronic infection, liver cirrhosis or liver cancer
Q.Is hepatitis B infection contagious?
Yes. Hepatitis B virus infection is contagious
Q.Does it spread through saliva or sharing of food?
Spreads through contact with the body fluids including saliva, blood, semen etc. of the infected person
Q.Does hepatitis B vaccine cause fever?
Mild fever may occur after hepatitis B vaccine administration. Contact your doctor if your fever worsens or does not go away.