food interaction for ELIPRAN
alcohol interaction for ELIPRAN
pregnancy interaction for ELIPRAN
lactation interaction for ELIPRAN
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ELIPRAN
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for ELIPRAN 20 MG TABLET
Patients taking ELIPRAN 20 MG TABLET
- 100%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES for ELIPRANNo substitutes found
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for ELIPRAN
- To relieve migraine as soon as possible, take Eletriptan as soon as the headache begins.
- Lying down in a quiet and dark room for a while after you use Eletriptan may help to relieve the migraine.
- Take Eletriptan only as prescribed by the doctor. Using too much Eletriptan may increase the chances of side effects.
- Notify your doctor if your migraine headaches are occurring more often, than before you started using Eletriptan.
- Notify your doctor if you have used Eletriptan for at least three consecutive months.
- Avoid driving after taking <med_name > as it may cause drowsiness and dizziness.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Eletriptan, it can cause new and worse headaches.
Frequently asked questions for ELIPRAN
Q.What is eletriptan Hydrobromide and how does eletriptan work?
Eletriptan belongs to the class of medications called serotonin receptor agonists. It works by narrowing the blood vessels and reducing inflammation (swelling) in the blood vessels surrounding the brain, also blocks release of certain substance, which helps in relief from headache and other symptoms
Q.Is eletriptan a blood thinner or addictive like narcotic drugs?
No. Eletriptan belongs to the class of medications called serotonin receptor agonists which help in providing relief from migraine headache. It is not a blood thinner and is not addictive
Q.Can I take eletriptan with ibuprofen, tylenol, excedrin, aleve, percocet, tramadol, amoxicillin, topamax, vicodin, cymbalta?
No drug interactions have been known with ibuprofen, tylenol, excedrin, aleve, percocet, tramadol, amoxicillin, topamax, vicodin, Cymbalta. Always consult your physician before taking any medication along with eletriptan.