food interaction for ELFERRI S
alcohol interaction for ELFERRI S
pregnancy interaction for ELFERRI S
lactation interaction for ELFERRI S
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR ELFERRI S
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR ELFERRI S
- HAEM UP 20 MG INJECTION(5 ML injection in vial)Cadila Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 54.78/ML of injectionRs. 273.90pay 10% more per ML of injection
- FEROGEN 20MG INJECTION(5 ML injection in vial)Samarth Life Sciences Pvt LtdRs. 50/ML of injectionRs. 250same price
- GEFER FORTE INJECTION(5 ML injection in vial)Strides Arcolab LtdRs. 53.33/ML of injectionRs. 266.67pay 7% more per ML of injection
- FEJET 20 MG INJECTION(1.5 ML injection in vial)Venus Remedies LtdRs. 26.67/ML of injectionRs. 40save 47% more per ML of injection
- DOCOFER 20 MG INJECTION(5 ML injection in vial)Goddres Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 47.05/ML of injectionRs. 235.25save 6% more per ML of injection
Expert advice FOR ELFERRI S
- if you have allergy to iron supplements
- if you have anemia not produced by iron deficiency
- if you have bronze markings on your skin to show a buildup of too much iron in the body (hemochromatosis or hemosiderosis)
- if you have or had any serious disease affecting the intestines, including stomach ulcers, inflammatory conditions of your bowel,
- if you noticed blood in urine
- if you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars
Frequently asked questions FOR ELFERRI S
Q. Can I take iron tablets for life long/ How long can I take iron tablets for?
Iron supplement is advised in patients with iron deficiency or iron deficient anemia till the haemoglobin level becomes normal. Please consult your doctor regarding its proper use
Q. Can I take iron pills for anemia and iron deficiency?
Yes, iron pills are recommended for iron deficient anemia. It is not recommended for other types of anemia. Always consult your doctor regarding its proper use
Q. What can I take for iron supplement?
You can consume food items that are rich in iron content (like red meat, pork, poultry, seafood or beans, dark green leafy vegetables (like spinach), dried fruit (raisins and apricots), iron-fortified cereals, breads and pastas, peas). Iron supplements (tables or capsules) available at pharmacy store are to be used for iron deficient anemia. Always consult your doctor regarding its proper use
Q. What can I take for iron deficiency anemia?
You can take iron supplement (ferrous fumarate/ferrous sulfate/ferrous gluconate) tablets to treat iron deficient anemia. Always consult your doctor regarding its proper use
Q. Can I take iron with vitamin C/ Vitamin D/ multivitamin/ folic acid?
Yes, iron and vitamin C/ Vitamin D/ multivitamin/ folic acid can be taken together. Taking vitamin C and iron together helps the body absorb the iron Always consult your doctor regarding its proper use
Q. Can I take iron with zinc?
No, iron supplement may alter the absorption of zinc, if given together
Q. Can I take iron with Tylenol?
Yes, patient can take Tylenol (paracetamol) with iron. However, always consult your doctor regarding its proper use
Q. Do iron supplements increase weight?
Taking iron supplements may cause weight gain
Q. Does iron tablets/syrup cause constipation/ acne?
Yes, consumption of iron in any form may cause constipation or acne. Please consult your doctor if you experience such side effects.