food interaction for ELCAFORT
alcohol interaction for ELCAFORT
pregnancy interaction for ELCAFORT
lactation interaction for ELCAFORT
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR ELCAFORT
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR ELCAFORT TABLET
Patients taking ELCAFORT TABLET
- 77%Once A Day
- 23%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR ELCAFORT
- CARNISURE 500 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 21/tabletRs. 210save 13% more per tablet
- CARNITOR 500 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Win-Medicare Pvt LtdRs. 27.50/tabletRs. 275pay 14% more per tablet
- NUCARNIT 500MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 25.07/tabletRs. 250.65pay 4% more per tablet
- CARNIMAC 500 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 17.80/tabletRs. 178save 26% more per tablet
- ELKAR 500 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 10/tabletRs. 100save 58% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR ELCAFORT
- Take during or immediately after the meals and consume slowly.
- Take at evenly spaced times throughout the day (every 3 or 4 hours).
- Monitor your blood glucose levels regularly during levocarnitine treatment.
- Take precautions during levocarnitine treatment as you may be at risk of bleeding.
- Do not take this drug if you are allergic to levocarnitine or any of its ingredients.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR ELCAFORT
Q. Is levocarnitine OTC?
Levocarnitine is not an OTC. It is sold only upon a prescription by a registered medical practitioner
Q. Is levocarnitine the same as l-carnitine?
Levocarnitine is otherwise known as l-carnitine
Q. Is levocarnitine a steroid?
No. Levocarnitine is an amino acid derivative.