food interaction for EFNITHIN
alcohol interaction for EFNITHIN
pregnancy interaction for EFNITHIN
lactation interaction for EFNITHIN
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for EFNITHIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for EFNITHIN
- ELYN 13.9% CREAM(15 GM cream in tube)Ajanta Pharma LtdRs. 43.33/GM of creamRs. 650pay 44% more per GM of cream
- ELYN 13.9% CREAM(10 GM cream in tube)Ajanta Pharma LtdRs. 60/GM of creamRs. 600pay 100% more per GM of cream
- Dr. Sheilly KapoorMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sangeeta VermaMBBS, DNB
- Dr. Ramanjit SinghMBBS, MD, Certification
- Dr. Shuchi SinglaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Atula GuptaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for EFNITHIN
- Do not apply eflornithine cream within 5 minutes of using any hair removal technique such as waxing or shaving or on broken or inflamed skin as it may cause irritation.
- Do not wash the affected area within 4 hours of application of the cream.
- Do not apply make-up or sunscreen on the affected area for at least 5 minutes after application of eflornithine cream.
- Apply the cream on freshly cleaned and dried skin as directed by the physician. Keep an interval of 8 hours between each application of cream.
- Avoid contact of the cream with the eyes or nose or any other part of the body other than the intended area.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience any discomfort e.g. irritation with use of the eflornithine cream
- Do not discontinue the treatment without consulting your physician as the hair growth may resume after stopping the treatment.
- Donot take if allergic to eflornithine or to any ingredient in the medicine.
- Do not consume if Pregnant or breastfeeding women or women below 18 years of age.
Frequently asked questions for EFNITHIN
Q.What is eflornithine or Eflornithine Vaniqa?
Eflornithine is a medicine used for the treatment of unwanted facial hair in women. It is available as a cream. Eflornithine Vaniqa is one of the brand names of the medicine
Q.Is eflornithine cream available over-the-counter?
No. Eflornithine is not available over-the-counter. It is sold only upon a prescription by a registered medical practitioner
Q.Is eflornithine cream safe?
Eflornithine cream is relatively safe if used as directed by the physician. In case of any adverse events, please consult your doctor.