food interaction for DYTOR PLUS
alcohol interaction for DYTOR PLUS
pregnancy interaction for DYTOR PLUS
lactation interaction for DYTOR PLUS
Taking Torsamide with alcohol may have additive effects in lowering your blood pressure. You may experience headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, and/or changes in pulse or heart rate.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for DYTOR PLUS
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for DYTOR PLUS 20 TABLET
Patients taking DYTOR PLUS 20 TABLET
- 92%Once A Day
- 4%Twice A Day
- 3%Twice A Week
SUBSTITUTES for DYTOR PLUS
- TORGET PLUS 20MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 10.09/tabletRs. 100.90pay 127% more per tablet
- DYLOOP PLUS 50 MG/20 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zyphar's Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 3.71/tabletRs. 37.10save 17% more per tablet
- DYAMIDE PLUS 50 MG/20 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 6.35/tabletRs. 63.49pay 43% more per tablet
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Hemant GandhiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Monik MehtaMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
Expert advice for DYTOR PLUS
- If you have kidney disease, Addison’s disease (an adrenal gland disorder), liver disease, heart disease.
- If you have high levels of potassium in your blood (hyperkalemia).
- if you are also taking eplerenone or other potassium sparing diuretics.
- If you have an electrolyte imbalance (such as low levels of magnesium in your blood).
- if you take an NSAID (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug), cholestyramine, heparin, lithium, heart or blood pressure medication, potassium supplements, steroid medicine, or another diuretic.
Frequently asked questions for DYTOR PLUS
Q.Is spironolactone an ACE inhibitor/thiazide diuretic/corticosteroid/steroid/ beta blocker?
No, spironolactone belongs to a class of medications called aldosterone receptor antagonists
Q.Is spironolactone safe?
Spironolactone is safe, if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is spironolactone over the counter drug?
No, it is available as prescription drug
Q.Is spironolactone used for weight control, birth control, for acne, loss of hair?
No, spironolactone is used in the treatment of failure of heart, resulting in fluid build-up in lungs or other body tissue (congestive cardiac failure), chronic liver disease (hepatic cirrhosis) with accumulation of fluid in peritoneum liver (ascites and edema), malignant ascites, nephrotic syndrome, diagnosis and treatment of primary aldosteronism
Q.What is spironolactone/Dytor plus/Aldactone?
Spironolactone/Dytor plus/Aldactone belongs to a class of medications called aldosterone receptor antagonists
Q.Can spironolactone/Dytor plus/Aldactone cause cancer, hair loss, depression, insomnia, lower blood pressure, constipation, increase estrogen, weight loss?
Spironolactone/Dytor plus/Aldactone can causes hair loss, increase estrogen constipation. Always consult your doctor about possible side effects
Q.Can i take spironolactone/Aldactone with ibuprofen/vitamins/ antibiotics/ phentermine/ metformin amoxicillin/ Adderall(amphetamine and dextroamphitamine/ Accutane (isotretinoin)/ Benadryl (diphenhydramine)/ Tylenol (acetaminophen)/ Lasix (furosemide)?
Indometacin may increase the diuretic effect of spironolactone. Patients should follow doctors advice regarding its use
Q.Does spironolactone affect birth control?
No, Always consult your doctor about possible effects.
Q.What is Dytor and what is it used for?
Dytor (Torasemide) is a drug from “Loop diuretic” class which is used to manage high blood pressure, swelling in the body (edema), especially in liver, kidney or heart failure
Q.Is torasemide safe?
Torasemide is a relatively safe drug if used in prescribed dose and for prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Does torasemide have any serious side effects?
Torasemide is known to cause liver toxicity and increase in blood urea, creatinine and cholesterol values in rare cases.