food interaction for DVN PLUS
alcohol interaction for DVN PLUS
pregnancy interaction for DVN PLUS
lactation interaction for DVN PLUS
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for DVN PLUS
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for DVN PLUS 80 MG/250 MG TABLET
Patients taking DVN PLUS 80 MG/250 MG TABLET
- 100%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES for DVN PLUS
- DROTIN M 80MG/250MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Walter BushnellRs. 10.96/tabletRs. 109.63pay 22% more per tablet
- DROTIKIND M 80 MG/250 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 5.44/tabletRs. 54.40save 40% more per tablet
- DROFEM 80 MG/250 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)FDC LtdRs. 5.40/tabletRs. 54save 40% more per tablet
- SPURGE 80MG/250MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Obsurge Biotech LtdRs. 7.95/tabletRs. 79.50save 12% more per tablet
- VERIN M 80 MG/250 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Corona Remedies Pvt LtdRs. 5.99/tabletRs. 59.90save 33% more per tablet
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for DVN PLUS
- Take drotaverine tablets 20 minutes before a meal to relieve or reduce post meal symptoms.
- Consult your doctor before you start drotaverine if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
- Stop taking drotaverine and consult a doctor, if experience severe allergic reactions.
- Due to possible side effects such as dizziness and vertigo resulting from hypotension, you should avoid driving or using machines.
Frequently asked questions for DVN PLUS
Q.What is drotaverine used for/ What does drotaverine treat?
Drotaverine is used to treat spasm of smooth muscles in organs such as stomach and heart. Drotaverine is mainly used to relieve painful spasms associated with chronic gastroduodenitis (inflammation of the stomach and the duodenum of the small intestine), gastric and duodenal ulcers, irritable bowel syndrome (disorder of the intestines that leads to cramps in the abdomen) and many more conditions of the stomach and intestine that are associated with painful spasm. It may also be used to relieve pain during menstruation (dysmenorrhea).
Q.Is mefenamic acid an antibiotic/ contain codeine?
No. Mefenamic acid is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug used to treat mild to moderate pain conditions and fever. It not an antibiotic and does not contain codeine
Q.Is mefenamic acid a painkiller?
Yes. Mefenamic acid is mild to moderate painkiller drug
Q.Is mefenamic acid safe?
Mefenamic acid is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is mefenamic acid good for toothache/ for back pain/ headache?
Yes, mefenamic acid can be used to relieve dental pain, back pain and headache
Q.Does mefenamic acid stop periods/ stop bleeding?
Mefenamic acid is used for relieving pain that happens before or during a menstrual period. It does not stop periods or bleeding. Always consult your doctor regarding its use
Q.Can I take mefenamic acid with naproxen/ paracetamol/ ibuprofen/ metronidazole/ withtramadol/ with tranexamic acid/ with sertraline/ amoxicillin?
Mefenamic acid may interact with the drugs mentioned above. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be require
Q.Does mefenamic acid make you drowsy?
Mefenamic acid has a rare side effect of causing drowsiness. Always consult your doctor, if you experience such side effects.