food interaction for DULETIN
alcohol interaction for DULETIN
pregnancy interaction for DULETIN
lactation interaction for DULETIN
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for DULETIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for DULETIN
- DUZELA 20 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 7.40/capsuleRs. 74pay 64% more per capsule
- DULANE 20 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 7.40/capsuleRs. 74pay 64% more per capsule
- DULOT 20 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 8.30/capsuleRs. 83pay 84% more per capsule
- DELOK 20 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 8.20/capsuleRs. 82pay 82% more per capsule
- DUXET 20 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Unichem Laboratories LtdRs. 7.45/capsuleRs. 74.50pay 66% more per capsule
- Dr. Deepak RahejaMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Samir ParikhMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Anurag MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. Rahul ChandhokMBBS, MD
- Dr. Jyoti Kapoor MadanMBBS, DNB, Diploma, Fellowship
Expert advice for DULETIN
- If you are allergic to it or to any other content in the medicine.
- If you are less than 18 years old.
Frequently asked questions for DULETIN
Q.Is duloxetine an SSRI, tricyclic antidepressant, opoid, or a pain-killer?
Duloxetine is not a SSRI/tricyclic antidepressant/opoid analgesic or pain-killer. It is a SSNRI (selective serotonin norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor)
Q.Does it contain MAOI?
Duloxetine is a MAO inhibitor (MAOI)
Q.Is duloxetine the same as Cymbalta?
Yes. Cymbalta is the branded version of duloxetine available in the market
Q.Is duloxetine addictive?
Duloxetine is not addictive; but it can produce withdrawal symptoms when treatment is stopped abruptly. Please consult your doctor, if you experience any withdrawal symptoms after stopping the therapy
Q.Can I take Cymbalta forever?
It is advisable to take this drug only for the duration prescribed by your doctor
Q.Can I take duloxetine with tramadol, paracetamol, naproxen, Nytol, amitryptyline, citalopram, ibuprofen, or codeine?
Duloxetine should not be taken with tramadol, amitriptyline, citalopram, diazepam, codeine or naproxen. It can be taken with paracetamol or ibuprofen only if prescribed by your doctor
Q.Does duloxetine cause weight loss, acne, sweating, or hairloss?
Duloxetine may cause weight gain instead of weight loss. It can also cause, sweating, hairloss or acne. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor
Q.Does duloxetine contain gluten?
No. Deloxetine is gluten-free. However, please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use.