food interaction for DOXY 1 UP
alcohol interaction for DOXY 1 UP
pregnancy interaction for DOXY 1 UP
lactation interaction for DOXY 1 UP
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for DOXY 1 UP
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for DOXY 1 UP
- AZEE 1000MG TABLET(1 tablet in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 47.50/tabletRs. 47.50pay 3% more per tablet
- ZITHROCIN 1000 MG TABLET(1 tablet in strip)Biochem Pharmaceutical IndustriesRs. 44.28/tabletRs. 44.28save 4% more per tablet
- LAZ 1000 MG TABLET(1 tablet in strip)Hetero Drugs LtdRs. 33.33/tabletRs. 33.33save 28% more per tablet
- AZYSAFE 1000MG TABLET(1 tablet in strip)Overseas Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 31.70/tabletRs. 31.70save 31% more per tablet
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
Expert advice for DOXY 1 UP
- Do not Azithromycin with food. Take it 1 hour before or 2 hours after food
- Do not take Azithromycin if you are allergic to azithromycin, erythromycin , roxithromycin or clarithromycin
- Do not take any antacids containing magnesium or aluminium for up to 2 hours before and after taking this drug.
- Consult your doctor before taking this drug if you are pregnant or breast feeding
Frequently asked questions for DOXY 1 UP
Q.Is azithromycin/ Azithral/ Azax/ Zithrox/ Zithrox plus/ Azithro 500/Aziwok used for cough, cold and sore throat?
Yes. Azithromycin (also available as Azithral/ Azax/ Zithrox/ Zithrox plus/ Azithro 500/Aziwok) is used to treat bacterial infections of the nose, throat and chest
Q.Is azithromycin and erythromycin the same?
No. Both are different type of antibiotic belonging to same class. Azithromycin is next generation antibiotic of erythromycin class
Q.Is azithromycin safe?
Azithromycin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.