Medicine Overview of Doxotar Injection
Doxotar 10 mg Injection is used in the treatment of blood cancer
Side Effects of Doxotar are Vomiting, Allergic reaction, Nausea, Mouth sore, Hair loss, Stomach pain, Diarrhoea, Decreased appetite, Eye disorder, Increased thirst, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils), Heart beat irregular, Nail disorder.
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
Doxotar 10 mg Injection is an anti-cancer medication. It works by suppressing the activity of an enzyme (topoisomerase II) involved in DNA multiplication of the cancer cells. It also forms harmful chemicals (free radicals) which cause DNA damage. This slows the growth of cancer cells and eventually kills them.
In Depth Information on Doxotar Injection
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of heart problems or low production of blood cells from the bone marrow.
- Inform your doctor if you have received doxorubicin or any other anthracycline as anti-cancer therapy or radiation to the upper body.
- You may need to perform blood count, heart/kidney/liver function tests before therapy.
- Take precaution while taking doxorubicin as you may develop infection and bleeding episodes.
- This therapy may cause damage to heart muscle or heart failure, the risk is more if radiation was used as treatment before for upper body.
- Doxorubicin therapy causes high levels of uric acid in blood, also urine may turn red on therapy and this is not a sign of any damage.
- Live or attenuated vaccines (like polio, malaria) should not be taken during therapy and contact with persons who receive them must be avoided.
- Women who are planning to become pregnant should be counselled about the toxic effect of this drug on babies. They should use two effective methods of contraception while on this therapy and 6 months after stopping it.
- Men who are going to use this therapy should not father a child while on this therapy and 6 months post it. They should also seek guidance and counselling on sperm conservation before taking this therapy.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as doxorubicin may cause nausea and vomiting.
Doxotar Injection related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Doxotar 10 mg Injection is unsafe to use during pregnancy.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Doxotar 10 mg Injection is unsafe to use during lactation.
Data suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby, or the mother is suffering from a condition in which breastfeeding is not advisable.
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.
As there is a frequent occurrence of nausea and vomiting with Doxotar 10 mg Injection so driving should be discouraged.
Doxotar 10 mg Injection is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Doxotar 10 mg Injection is recommended.
However, inform your doctor if you have any kidney disease.
Doxotar 10 mg Injection should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Doxotar 10 mg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Questions Related to Doxotar
Dear sir, recently I have a message from one of my friends through whatsapp that papaya seeds are very much medicinal, &is very beneficial for blood cancer patients &those suffering from fatty liver &various other diseases. Kindly shed more light on this aspect according to the information available with you. Thank you.
Dr. Shikha Mishra
Papaya has lot of antioxidants so u can eat papaya for seeds only, ayurvedic doctor can help u
Is there anything related to blood cancer sir/madam??
Dr. Vijay Sharnangat
For that we need to do bone marrow aspiration, flow cytometry.CBC suggestive of chronic Leukaemia soEven if it is Leukaemia, it will need not to be treated as it is asymptomatic in majority of times.
Frequently asked questions about Doxotar Injection
Q. How does doxorubicin work?
Doxorubicin is anti-cancer or antineoplastic chemotherapy drug that belongs to a class of medication called anthracyclines. It slows down or stops the growth of cancer cells by interfering with DNA of the cancer cell
Q. Is doxorubicin a vesicant?
Yes doxorubicin is a vesicant (irritant).
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Doxotar 10mg Injection: RWL, SVS, RPA, MJT, QTM, EQN, GMA, DRA, 1MH, FRS, MOM, AYU, PSF, SBA, PLT, JHC, KAL, YAG, SPF, DYG, HMP, AGT, PHN, VHP, GHR, TAP, NXG, LIP, KHP, BRC, NXT, PPR, MAP, PMA, AVS, HBV, DLY, KIS, DPL, ANT, NVL, MRS, PNT, WHL, CLT, EMB, HTS, BGS, SDM, GBL, GTC, MKS, SLC, DZY, VDH, PSE, VOP, BAP, KNH, FIP, IPP, RSA, OWP, SPD, HIP, SWP, SPV, FGH, RWP, HSM, STA, PRN, JIV, TOM, GLM, EAN, RYL, SMS, ALC, UPA, ENP, BSL, SRG, IPL, GNC, KLC, DFP, WAD, USF, KMC, STS, WHP, NLP, PVP, OLT, SNH, RVC, SVH, RHS, BHA, BIO, AYN, NVY, CRN, NDP, NAS, SBN, NEW, MKT, SAA, HTV, BSN, MKE, PWN, DPP, SLN, AMH, NPS, HCP, AFT, SGH, MDO, BJP, TAT, RHL, BNA, CMD, CPK, LHA, BJR, MLC, NPH, HEX, 4IT, BNT, SBL, SNG, ATP, NFP, SGC, KIM, AHP, SDE, ASP, CMC, BKB, CZT, OHM, GPT, APS, AXM, BLP, AAY, VJS, WSI, UMP, MPC, INC, ANP, MDI, BBN, DVH, ANS, RGH, IAD, APT, NWP, MDH, RDR, MAX, DLP, SHD, ZPR, OBS, SAH, MAM, NTL, LHP, SHG, ALY, SSI, HNP, JJE, HWS, ESY, USM, JSL, AYM, BTM, MBP, WPL, BNC, BHM, PRC, NLC, AAR, GGL, GPP, KHH, RAC, DAO, BLE, JBT, KHD, BMJ, AVL, VRS, DHR, RPI, SCH, PRL, FRM, KHC, GLD, MTD, SIO, OIP, TSS, BAL, SSS, HLT, VSC, AVB, RHW, LMS, EVP, MSD, PEN, IMC, MFN, RDH, NTB, LCC, QLF, NNP, HSP, UHP, EPS, DHP, BDI, RST, RRP, SYN, VNS, SCP, SHN, VVN, RTL, PHC, AGP, MTM, AAA, GDA, GFL, SMN, SAF, THP, DYL, PTP, NSL, VTR, BHP, JVO, SHC, MDN, VSL, XMX, SWA, CTP, RPP, SJP, EEC, ZVP, BBS, ABP, SOF, AMR, PRT, HPP, NEO, NLG, ZEL, ADT, RKS, JVN, OMV, GEO, OWN, HGI, HZF, HAT, HPC, ARD, PTI, BLS, UVD, BHS, TNH, MIP, PNQ, AMM, ATL, 9MM, DGN, WDE