food interaction for DOXORUBICIN (DR. REDDYS)
alcohol interaction for DOXORUBICIN (DR. REDDYS)
pregnancy interaction for DOXORUBICIN (DR. REDDYS)
lactation interaction for DOXORUBICIN (DR. REDDYS)
Avoid Doxorubicin 50mg injection with grapefruit juice.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for DOXORUBICIN (DR. REDDYS)
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for DOXORUBICIN (DR. REDDYS)
- LYPHIDOX 50MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 919.82/injectionRs. 919.82pay 118% more per injection
- ZODOX 50MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 535.71/injectionRs. 535.71pay 27% more per injection
- DOXOREX 50MG INJECTION(25 ML injection in vial)Samarth Life Sciences Pvt LtdRs. 37.14/ML of injectionRs. 928.57save 91% more per ML of injection
- DOXUTEC 50MG INJECTION(25 ML injection in vial)United Biotech Pvt LtdRs. 29.96/ML of injectionRs. 749save 93% more per ML of injection
- CADRIA 50MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Cadila Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 991.13/injectionRs. 991.13pay 135% more per injection
Expert advice for DOXORUBICIN (DR. REDDYS)
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of heart problems or low production of blood cells from the bone marrow.
- Inform your doctor if you have received doxorubicin or any other anthracycline as anti-cancer therapy or radiation to the upper body.
- You may need to perform blood count, heart/kidney/liver function tests before therapy.
- Take precaution while taking doxorubicin as you may develop infection and bleeding episodes.
- This therapy may cause damage to heart muscle or heart failure, the risk is more if radiation was used as treatment before for upper body.
- Doxorubicin therapy causes high levels of uric acid in blood, also urine may turn red on therapy and this is not a sign of any damage.
- Live or attenuated vaccines (like polio, malaria) should not be taken during therapy and contact with persons who receive them must be avoided.
- Women who are planning to become pregnant should be counselled about the toxic effect of this drug on babies. They should use two effective methods of contraception while on this therapy and 6 months after stopping it.
- Men who are going to use this therapy should not father a child while on this therapy and 6 months post it. They should also seek guidance and counselling on sperm conservation before taking this therapy.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as doxorubicin may cause nausea and vomiting.
Frequently asked questions for DOXORUBICIN (DR. REDDYS)
Q.How does doxorubicin work?
Doxorubicin is anti-cancer or antineoplastic chemotherapy drug that belongs to a class of medication called anthracyclines. It slows down or stops the growth of cancer cells by interfering with DNA of the cancer cell
Q.Is doxorubicin a vesicant?
Yes doxorubicin is a vesicant (irritant).