Medicine Overview of Doxilyd Injection
Uses of Doxilyd Injection
Side effects of Doxilyd Injection
Nausea, Vomiting, Weakness, Infection, Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth), Hair loss, Hand-foot syndrome, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils), Decreased appetite, Decreased blood cells (red cells, white cells, and platelets), Decreased white blood cell count, Fever, Mucosal inflammation, Anemia.
How to use Doxilyd Injection
How Doxilyd Injection works
In Depth Information on Doxilyd Injection
Expert advice for Doxilyd Injection
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of heart problems or low production of blood cells from the bone marrow.
- Inform your doctor if you have received doxorubicin or any other anthracycline as anti-cancer therapy or radiation to the upper body.
- You may need to perform blood count, heart/kidney/liver function tests before therapy.
- Take precaution while taking doxorubicin as you may develop infection and bleeding episodes.
- This therapy may cause damage to heart muscle or heart failure, the risk is more if radiation was used as treatment before for upper body.
- Doxorubicin therapy causes high levels of uric acid in blood, also urine may turn red on therapy and this is not a sign of any damage.
- Live or attenuated vaccines (like polio, malaria) should not be taken during therapy and contact with persons who receive them must be avoided.
- Women who are planning to become pregnant should be counselled about the toxic effect of this drug on babies. They should use two effective methods of contraception while on this therapy and 6 months after stopping it.
- Men who are going to use this therapy should not father a child while on this therapy and 6 months post it. They should also seek guidance and counselling on sperm conservation before taking this therapy.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as doxorubicin may cause nausea and vomiting.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
As there is a frequent occurrence of nausea and vomiting with Doxilyd 50mg Injection so driving should be discouraged.
However, inform your doctor if you have any kidney disease.