food interaction for DOX M TZ
alcohol interaction for DOX M TZ
pregnancy interaction for DOX M TZ
lactation interaction for DOX M TZ
Taking Doxycycline with alcohol can cause minor side effects
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for DOX M TZ
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for DOX M TZ
- TIDO TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Eskag Pharma Pvt LtdRs. 5.50/tabletRs. 55save 15% more per tablet
- IMIDOX 100MG/600MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Mars Therapeutics & Chemicals LtdRs. 6.90/tabletRs. 69pay 6% more per tablet
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for DOX M TZ
- Take doxycycline with food to prevent stomach discomfort.
- If you are taking birth control pills, take additional contraceptive measure while taking doxycycline and till 7 days after stopping doxycycline.
- Wear sunblock if you have to go out into the sun, since your skin can become more sensitive to sunburn.
- Do not start or continue the doxycycline tablets/capsule and consult your doctor if you ever have had allergic reaction after taking doxycycline.
- Do not take any vitamin supplements two hours before or after taking this drug.
- Do not take any medications with bismuth (Pepto-Bismol, Kaopectate) while taking this medication.
- Do not lie down for at least 30 minutes after taking this medication.
- Do not take doxycycline, if you are pregnant, breast-feeding or planning to become pregnant.
Frequently asked questions for DOX M TZ
Q.Is Doxicip 100/Doxt s/doxycycline a steroid, a macrolide or a penicillin?
Doxycycline belongs to class of medications called tetracycline antibiotics. Doxycycline is not a steroid, does not belong to penicillin family and is not a macrolide antibiotic
Q.Is doxycycline safe?
If used for approved indication in appropriate doses, doxycycline is relatively safe. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q.Can I take doxycycline for cold, flu, sore throat, boils, strep infection, and ear infection?
Doxycycline is not used to treat viral infection such as common cold and flu. Doxycycline can be used to treat sore throat, boils, strep infection, ear infection
Q.Does doxycycline cover methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus?
It is used for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infection. Always consult your doctor before use
Q.Can I take doxycycline with ibuprofen, prednisone, Nyquil, azithromycin, antihistaminic or Tylenol?
Doxycycline may be taken with ibuprofen, prednisone, Nyquil, azithromycin, antihistaminic or Tylenol. However, consult your doctor before use it together, for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice
Q.Does doxycycline work for acne scars?
Doxycycline helps in preventing the formation of new acne scars, but may not work for the scars which have already formed
Q.Does doxycycline cause weight gain, tiredness, or headache?
Doxycycline may cause weight gain, tiredness and headache. These effects may vary with the individual taking the medicine.
Q.Is tinidazole or Fasigyn an antibiotic/sulfa drug?
Tinidazole is an antibiotic/anti-protozoal/anti-amoebic drug. It is not a sulfa drug
Q.Is tinidazole available or sold over the counter?
No. Tinidazole is a prescription drug. It is not available or sold over the counter
Q.Is tinidazole the same as metronidazole/Flagyl?
Tinidazole is different from metronidazole (also called as Flagyl). However, both of them belong to the same class of drugs
Q.Is tinidazole/Fasigyn safe?
Yes. Tinidazole is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Q.What are Tiniba and Fasigyn used for?
Tiniba and Fasigyn are brand names of tinidazole available in the market. They are used for the same indications as tinidazole
Q.Can I take tinidazole with fluconazole/Tylenol/ibuprofen?
Tinidazole can be taken with fluconazole/Tylenol (paracetamol)/ibuprofen only if prescribed by your doctor
Q.Does tinidazole cure bacterial vaginosis and UTI?
Tinidazole is effective in the treatment of bacterial vaginosis. But it is not used for treatment of UTI
Q.Does tinidazole cause yeast infections/diarrhea/cancer?
Prolonged use of tinidazole may cause candida or yeast infections. There is no evidence of tinidazole causing cancer. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor
Q.Does tinidazole treat Chlamydial or urinary tract infections?
Yes. Tinidazole is used to treat Chlamydial infections, but is not effective for treating a urinary tract infection
Q.Does tinidazole affect birth control?
There is no evidence of tinidazole affecting birth control. Please consult your doctor to confirm whether you require a secondary birth control measure while taking tinidazole.