food interaction for DOTAMIN
alcohol interaction for DOTAMIN
pregnancy interaction for DOTAMIN
lactation interaction for DOTAMIN
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for DOTAMIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for DOTAMIN
- DOBUTREX 250 MG INJECTION(50 ML injection in vial)Abbott India LtdRs. 7.37/ML of injectionRs. 368.73save 95% more per ML of injection
- DOTAMIN 250MG INJECTION(5 ML injection in vial)Neon Laboratories LtdRs. 59.12/ML of injectionRs. 295.60save 63% more per ML of injection
- DOBUTAM 250MG INJECTION(5 ML injection in vial)United Biotech Pvt LtdRs. 70/ML of injectionRs. 350save 57% more per ML of injection
- DOBUSTAT 250 MG INJECTION(20 ML injection in vial)Samarth Life Sciences Pvt LtdRs. 18.95/ML of injectionRs. 379save 88% more per ML of injection
- DOTAMIN LYO 250MG INJECTION(5 ML injection in vial)Neon Laboratories LtdRs. 32.50/ML of injectionRs. 162.50save 80% more per ML of injection
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. (Col.) Balbir KalraMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Sumeet SethiMBBS, DNB, DM
Expert advice for DOTAMIN
- Do not drive or operate machinery while on dobutamine treatment.
- Seek medical advice for correction of hypovolemia with suitable volume expanders before treatment with dobutamine hydrochloride.
- You may be monitored for ECG and blood pressure continuously during the therapy.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for DOTAMIN
Q.Is dobutamine a pressor/ vasopressor?
Yes, dobutamine is a vasopressor (agent that causes vasoconstriction of the blood vessels)
Q.Is dobutamine a beta blocker?
No, dobutamine is a beta agonist, not a beta blocker
Q.Is dobutamine an inotrope/ positive inotrope?
Yes, dobutamine is an inotrope
Q.Is dobutamine a catecholamine?
Yes, dobutamine is a catecholamin
Q.Is dobutamine a vasodilator?
Dobutamine has got both vasoconstrictor and vasodilator properties. The net effect depends on the tone of blood vessels and the disease condition
Q.Is dobutamine a vesicant?
Yes, dobutamine is a vesicant (it may cause tissue blistering if it leaks out of the vein)
Q.Is dobutamine the same as dopamine?
Dopamine is a natural neurotransmitter present in the body; both dopamine and dobutamine are inotropic and stimulate the beta-1 receptors of the heart
Q.Does dobutamine increase heart rate/ tachycardia?
Yes, increase in heart rate also known as tachycardia is a common side effect of dobutamine
Q.Does dobutamine decrease afterload/ preload?
No, dobutamine does not have effects on afterload or preload
Q.Does dobutamine increased stroke volume?
Yes, dobutamine is known to increase stoke volume
Q.Does dobutamine cause an increase/decrease in blood pressure?
Yes, dobutamine may cause fluctuations in blood pressure
Q.Does dobutamine increase urine output?
Yes, dobutamine is known to cause an increase in urine output.