food interaction for DORINEM
alcohol interaction for DORINEM
pregnancy interaction for DORINEM
lactation interaction for DORINEM
medicine interaction for DORINEM
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR DORINEM
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR DORINEM
- SUDOPEN 500 MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 2800/injectionRs. 2800save 16% more per injection
- DORIGLEN 500MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 3219.05/injectionRs. 3219.05save 4% more per injection
- ICUPEN 500MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Abbott India LtdRs. 3514.28/injectionRs. 3514.28pay 5% more per injection
- DORICRIT 500MG INJECTION(30 ML injection in vial)Cipla LtdRs. 117.33/ML of injectionRs. 3520save 96% more per ML of injection
- EXELDOR 500MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Zydus CadilaRs. 2839.37/injectionRs. 2839.37save 15% more per injection
Expert advice FOR DORINEM
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of seizures (fits) or are on medications for fits (like valproic acid). In case you experience seizures while on treatment consult your doctor immediately.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you develop severe skin rash, or diarrhea.
- Evaluate if diarrhea occurs while on treatment as it can be life threatening resulting from Pseudomembranous colitis caused by Clostridium difficile.
- Take doripenem medication for the full prescribed length even if you feel fine in order to help the infection get completely cleared.
- Do not skip doses as this may increase your risk of further infections.
- Do not take doripenem to treat a viral infection such as the common cold or flu.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR DORINEM
Q. What is doripenem used for?
Doripenem is used to treat complicated urinary tract infections including pyelonephritis (inflammation of kidney due to bacterial infections), and complicated bacterial infections of the abdomen. Doripenem is also used to treat some nosocomial infections (infections acquired in the hospital facility) such as nosocomial pneumonia
Q. Does doripenem cover pseudomonas/ MRSA?
Yes, doripenem is active against pseudomonas, but not against MRS
Q. How does doripenem work?
Doripenem belongs to class of medications called carbapenem antimicrobials. It works by arresting the bacterial cell wall synthesis resulting in bacterial cell death.