food interaction for DONEP M
alcohol interaction for DONEP M
pregnancy interaction for DONEP M
lactation interaction for DONEP M
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for DONEP M
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for DONEP M 5 MG/5 MG TABLET
Patients taking DONEP M 5 MG/5 MG TABLET
- 53%Once A Day
- 44%Twice A Day
- 3%Twice A Week
SUBSTITUTES for DONEP M
- DONAMEM 5 MG/5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 12/tabletRs. 120save 14% more per tablet
- ALZIL M 5 MG/5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 11.50/tabletRs. 115save 17% more per tablet
- DONECEPT M 5 MG/5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 12.65/tabletRs. 126.50save 9% more per tablet
- COGMENTIN 5MG/5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Altius Life SciencesRs. 7.14/tabletRs. 71.42save 49% more per tablet
- DOPE PLUS 5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)D D PharmaceuticalsRs. 10.48/tabletRs. 104.76save 25% more per tablet
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
Expert advice for DONEP M
- Do not take donepezil hydrochloride, if you are allergic to donepezil hydrochloride or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- Avoid using donepezil hydrochloride, if you are breastfeeding.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of patients with following history of disease conditions: stomach or duodenal ulcers; seizures (fits) or convulsions; heart condition (irregular or very slow heart beat); asthma or other long term lung disease; liver problems or hepatitis; urine or mild kidney disease.
- Do not use donepezil hydrochloride, if you are pregnant.
- Donepezil hydrochloride is not intended for use in children and adolescents younger than 18 years.
- Donepezil hydrochloride should not be taken with alcohol because alcohol may change its effect.
- Do not drive or operate machinery.
Frequently asked questions for DONEP M
Q.What is donepezil hydrochloride/ what is donepezil hydrochloride used for/ what does donepezil hydrochloride do?
Donepezil hydrochloride belongs to a group of medicines called acetylcholinesterase inhibitors and is used to treat the symptoms of dementia (which includes increasing memory loss, confusion and behavioral changes) in people diagnosed as having mild and moderately severe Alzheimer's disease
Q.Does donepezil Hcl work?
Donepezil hydrochloride does work, but its effectiveness can be different based on individual response.
Q.Is memantine a cholinesterase inhibitor/antipsychotic drug/anticholinergic?
Memantine belongs to the group of medicines called psychoanaleptics. It is not a cholinesterase inhibitor/antipsychotic drug/anticholinergic
Q.Is memantine a controlled substance?
No, memantine is not a controlled substance
Q.Does memantine increase acetylcholine?
No, it does not increase acetylcholine
Q.Does memantine cause drowsiness/make you sleepy?
Yes, memantine cause drowsiness or sleepiness. Always consult your doctor if the symptoms are severe
Q.Does memantine come in liquid form?
Yes, memantine is available in liquid form as oral solution
Q.Does memantine increase dopamine?
Concurrent use of memantine and dopamine may increase the dopamine level in the blood. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q.Does memantine help vascular dementia?
Memantine may help in vascular dementia. Patient should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.How does memantine work in the body?
It works by modulating the effects of increased levels of chemical substance in the brain called glutamate, and thus decreasing abnormal activity in the brain.