food interaction for DOMSTAL
alcohol interaction for DOMSTAL
pregnancy interaction for DOMSTAL
lactation interaction for DOMSTAL
Avoid Domstal 10 mg drop with grapefruit juice.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR DOMSTAL
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR DOMSTAL 10 MG DROP
Patients taking DOMSTAL 10 MG DROP
- 50%Once A Day
- 21%Thrice A Day
- 14%Four Times A Day
- 7%Alternate Day
- 7%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR DOMSTAL
- MOTINORM DROP(5 ML drop in packet)Medley PharmaceuticalsRs. 8.20/ML of dropRs. 41pay 681% more per ML of drop
- DOMPERON 10 MG DROP(5 ML drop in packet)Cadila Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 9.84/ML of dropRs. 49.20pay 837% more per ML of drop
- PERISTAL 10MG DROPS(30 ML drop in packet)Prayas PharmaceuticalsRs. 0.66/ML of dropRs. 19.75save 37% more per ML of drop
- DOMIDON 10MG DROPS(30 ML drop in packet)Vintech FormulationsRs. 1.17/ML of dropRs. 35pay 11% more per ML of drop
- MOTIWIN 10MG DROPS(5 ML drop in packet)Maneesh Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 4.52/ML of dropRs. 22.60pay 330% more per ML of drop
Expert advice FOR DOMSTAL
- Do not take Domperidone, if you are allergic to it or to any other content in the tablets.
- Do not take the medicine, if you notice black, tarry stools (bowel motions) or blood in your stools, blockage or tear in the intestines or if you have a tumor of the pituitary gland (prolactinoma).
- Do not take the drug, if you have moderate to severe liver disease, heart problems (irregular heart rate or heart failure) or abnormal salt levels in the blood.
- Do not crush or chew the tablets, swallow them whole with a glass of water.
- Do not take the drug if you intend to drive or operate heavy machinery as it may cause drowsiness.
- Always take the tablets 15 to 30 minutes before meals and, if needed, before going to bed at night.
- Consult your doctor, if you are above 60 years of age and taking domperidone for a long period of time.
- Inform your doctor, if you are already taking medicines for fungal infections (ketoconazole) or antibiotics (e.g. gentamycin, erythromycin).
Frequently asked questions FOR DOMSTAL
Q. What is Domperidone/ domstal used for and how long can I take it?
Domperidone (also known as domstal) is used for the treatment of short-term (upto 48 hours) and long-term (upto 2 weeks) problems of nausea, vomiting, belching, gas, heartburn and bloating (not to be confused as laxative, steroid or antacid). Always take the drug exactly as your doctor has told you to
Q. Is domperidone an over the counter drug?
No, domperidone is not an OTC drug and it is not advisable to take it without a prescription
Q. Can I take domperidone with citalopram?
Domperidone may increase the sedative effect of citalopram and may interact with other drugs like antibiotics, pain-killers or anti-fungals. Consult your doctor if you are taking any of these medicines
Q. Does domperidone cause weight-gain?
No. Domperidone does not cause weight-gain. If you notice an abnormal weight-gain, visit your doctor
Q. Does domperidone raise the blood pressure or cause depression?
These effects are generally not seen with use of domperidone. But if you are experiencing these side effects, please consult your doctor.