food interaction for DIOFLOX M
alcohol interaction for DIOFLOX M
pregnancy interaction for DIOFLOX M
lactation interaction for DIOFLOX M
Avoid Dioflox m 50mg/100mg syrup with grapefruit juice.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR DIOFLOX M
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR DIOFLOX M
- OXA M 50MG/100MG SYRUP(60 ML syrup in bottle)Ravian Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 1/ML of syrupRs. 59.95pay 32% more per ML of syrup
- KIDOGYL 50MG/100MG SYRUP(30 ML syrup in bottle)Astrum Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 0.82/ML of syrupRs. 24.50pay 8% more per ML of syrup
- OFLOMAC MN SYRUP(60 ML syrup in bottle)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 0.74/ML of syrupRs. 44.41save 2% more per ML of syrup
- VOX M 50MG/100MG SYRUP(60 ML syrup in bottle)Allentis Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 0.36/ML of syrupRs. 21.45save 53% more per ML of syrup
- VOX M 50MG/100MG SYRUP(30 ML syrup in bottle)Allentis Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 0.50/ML of syrupRs. 14.92save 34% more per ML of syrup
Expert advice FOR DIOFLOX M
- Avoid taking milk or dairy products, or taking antacids, didanosine, sucralfate, or vitamins within 2 hours before or after taking ofloxacin.
- Do not start or continue the ofloxacin tablets if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to ofloxacin or any of the other ingredients of ofloxacin tablet.
- Consult your doctor before taking the drug if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered before taking ofloxacin tablets in case of any following disease conditions such as fits (epilepsy), inflammation of the bands of tissue that connect muscles to bones (tendinitis), myasthenia gravis and kidney problems.
- Drink adequate fluid to prevent the formation of highly concentrated urine.
- Avoid excessive exposure to light to prevent photosensitivity.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after taking ofloxacin tablet because you may feel sleepy.
Frequently asked questions FOR DIOFLOX M
Q. What is Zenflox OZ/ Zenflox Plus/ Zenflox tablet/ Oflomac/ Oflomac 200/ Zanocin OZ/ Zanocin/ Zanocin OD 400 used for?
Ofloxacin (also available as Zenflox OZ/ Zenflox Plus/ Zenflox tablet/ Oflomac/ Oflomac 200/ Zanocin OZ/ Zanocin/ Zanocin OD 400) and are used to treat bacterial infections including upper and lower urinary tract infections, lower respiratory tract infections, skin and soft tissue infections and sexually transmitted infections (of urethra and cervix). Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Is ofloxacin/ Zenflox/ Zanocin OZ an antibiotic?
Yes. It belongs to the group of medicines called fluoroquinolone antibiotics
Q. Is ofloxacin penicillin based/ Steroid/ fluoroquinolone/sulfa?
No. Ofloxacin is fluoroquinolone antibiotic. It is not a steroid and does not contain sulfa. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Can I take paracetamol/ibuprofen with ofloxacin?
There is no known interaction and it is safe to take these drugs with ofloxacin. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Does Ofloxacin treat pink eye/chlamydia/ear infections?
Ofloxacin is used to treat pink eye (conjunctivitis), ear infection and infection due to chlamydia
Q. Does ofloxacin affect birth control?
It does not affect birth control
Q. Is ofloxacin safe for dogs/ cats?
Yes it is safe to be used in pets.However, the dose vary. You need to consult a veterinary doctor
Q. Is ofloxacin the same as Ciprodex?
No. Ofloxacin and Ciprodex are different drugs as Ciprodex contain ciprofloxacin.
Q. Is metronidazole safe?
Yes, metronidazole is a relatively safe drug if used in prescribed dose and for prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. What is metronidazole?
Metronidazole is an antibiotic
Q. Is it antibiotic or pain killer?
Metronidazole is an antibiotic and not pain killer
Q. What it is used for?
It is used for infections of the dental cavity, ears, sinus, throat, lungs, stomach, intestine, brain and bones
Q. Is metronidazole same as Flagyl?
Yes. Flagyl is a branded medicine containing metronidazole
Q. Does metronidazole cure STDs or yeast infections?
Metronidazole cures genital infections like bacterial vaginosis and gonorrhea. It does not cure chlamydia or vaginal yeast infections
Q. Does metronidazole affect birth control?
There is no evidence of metronidazole affecting contraception. Please consult your doctor to confirm whether you require a secondary birth control measure while taking metronidazole
Q. Is metronidazole an OTC product?
No, metronidazole is not an OTC product
Q. Can metronidazole cause nausea, vomiting, constipation or irregular monthly periods?
Metronidazole may cause nausea, vomiting, constipation or upset stomach. However, there is no evidence of metronidazole affecting monthly periods. If you notice any such symptoms, please consult your doctor.